Likes Likes:  2
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Okeene oklahoma rattle snake hunt

400+ Posts
    User ID

Default Okeene oklahoma rattle snake hunt

A couple of weeks ago Roy and I rode the 149 miles to Okeene Oklahoma the 80th annual Rattle Snake Festival.

Caution you will see pictures of snakes

"ENJOY THE RIDE ON TULSA TIME"

2. Love Jugs
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Griggs View Post
    A couple of weeks ago Roy and I rode the 149 miles to Okeene Oklahoma the 80th annual Rattle Snake Festival.

Caution you will see pictures of snakes
    All I needed to know ... I love your videos Phil, but, Snakes are one of my many psychoses ... and I do mean many ... .. It's why I never was stationed on a sub, even though nuclear trained ... couldn't pass the psych
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

User ID

Had rattlesnake for lunch a couple times when I was stationed on the Cape Cod AD-43.
    Ray
    2017 Harley Triglide
    Tijuana Border

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    All I needed to know ... I love your videos Phil, but, Snakes are one of my many psychoses ... and I do mean many ... .. It's why I never was stationed on a sub, even though nuclear trained ... couldn't pass the psych
    I was on 2 different Subs, nuclear trained & I'm glad I never got asked too many Psych questions.
    2017 Harley Davidson Freewheeler (107 cu.in. vivid black).

400+ Posts
    User ID

I'm glad they where in a pen!

7. Roadsmith banner
    User ID
    Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas

We have Waurika here doing the same silly thing. I wonder, is that a corridor(Waurika to Okeene) of snakes or a corridor of dumb people that go out and catch the things. I've heard that oil sites are good places to stay away from because snakes seem to love the places. So I wonder if that's where they catch a lot of those dang things then if it's true. Those things, snakes in general, just scare the heck out of me. As far as I'm concerned they could all just die and I'd be happy. I understand the justification for them about rodents, but how about both all die then. Yuck. I hate the things. Yes, snakes and rats.
    The only reason some people are still alive is it's illegal to shoot them.
    American Legion Rider & Patriot Guard Rider

Just Killing Time...
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

We used to ride from Midland to Sweetwater TX every March for the Rattlesnake Roundup at Sweetwater. Those pits full of snakes STUNK! So GROSS! Never have figured out what the fascination with snakes is.

Haven’ been to the Roundup now for a number of years...ho-hum,,,been there, done that...a bunch. It was a reason for a motorcycle ride.

Afterwards we would go eat at Ms. Alan’s (its now called Alan’s Family Restaurant) in Sweetwater for fried chicken like Mama used to make...all you can eat along with the fixin’s and other meats. The price has gone up to $10.00/person now....worth every penny. No more snake rides but Ms. Alan’s is a once/year MUST.
    New course heading Mr. Sulu: ...2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...!!

1250+ Posts
    User ID

"Things" that MAKE ME GO GULP ( ) and a snake is one of them...LOL

Ronnie