Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Seat Removal

  1. #11
    1250+ Posts
    User ID
    23660
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Springfield, Mass. USA
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    What make/model bike/trike are we talking about here??

    Harley ?

    Honda ?

    Suzuki ?

    Yamaha ?

    Kawasaki ?

    Then we all can help you

    Ronnie

  2. #12
    350+ Posts rocket1lf's Avatar
    User ID
    16700
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hot Arizona, USA
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg336 View Post
    Tom said there are 2 7/16 bolts that hold the backrest in, can I get to them before removing the bottom so that I can remove the backrest?
    Greg, Just release the velcro tap under the backrest and pull straight up and the headrest and a long bar will come out. Grab the rear of the seat and pull up, it may be a little tight so you may have to push forward a little, until it's just above the bottom of the backrest, just a few inches up above where it sits. Pull back a little, about an inch or two, to release the front clip and the seat is loose. Do the opposite to install. I'd post a video, but my Stallion is in the shop getting a new top as the old one is 10 years old and getting ratty. Rick
    If you got to ride, ride in style
    Stallion #378

  3. #13
    1000+ Posts tomg's Avatar
    User ID
    2213
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Titusville, Florida
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg336 View Post
    Tom said there are 2 7/16 bolts that hold the backrest in, can I get to them before removing the bottom so that I can remove the backrest?
    I was referring to the BACK seat, the driver backrest just pulls straight out. Sorry for the confusion. Tom

  4. #14
    90+ Posts
    User ID
    27253
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Clinton Township Michigan usa
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket1lf View Post
    Greg, Just release the velcro tap under the backrest and pull straight up and the headrest and a long bar will come out. Grab the rear of the seat and pull up, it may be a little tight so you may have to push forward a little, until it's just above the bottom of the backrest, just a few inches up above where it sits. Pull back a little, about an inch or two, to release the front clip and the seat is loose. Do the opposite to install. I'd post a video, but my Stallion is in the shop getting a new top as the old one is 10 years old and getting ratty. Rick
    Hi Rick,

    Thanks for the information on the back rest, I'm sure I can get the seat out once it is out of the way. I was under the impression that the back rest was part of the seat. I didn't have any problems pulling the back of the seat up but that was as far as I could go and knew there had to be something else holding it under the backrest. Is the only purpose of the velcro strap just cover up the front of the bar?

    I love your top, I'm using yours as a starting point for the one that I'm creating for my Stallion. The only difference with mine is, mine will have a gull wing door. I'm a big man and semi disabled so I have to stand straight up and down to get in and out of mine. Because of some unexpected bills mine is going to take longer to create but once it is done I will show pictures of what I have created.

    Thanks again,

    Greg

  5. #15
    350+ Posts rocket1lf's Avatar
    User ID
    16700
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hot Arizona, USA
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg336 View Post
    Hi Rick,

    Thanks for the information on the back rest, I'm sure I can get the seat out once it is out of the way. I was under the impression that the back rest was part of the seat. I didn't have any problems pulling the back of the seat up but that was as far as I could go and knew there had to be something else holding it under the backrest. Is the only purpose of the velcro strap just cover up the front of the bar?

    I love your top, I'm using yours as a starting point for the one that I'm creating for my Stallion. The only difference with mine is, mine will have a gull wing door. I'm a big man and semi disabled so I have to stand straight up and down to get in and out of mine. Because of some unexpected bills mine is going to take longer to create but once it is done I will show pictures of what I have created.

    Thanks again,

    Greg
    I think it also hold the bar down. Rick
    If you got to ride, ride in style
    Stallion #378

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. ***DK Custom - New Line of Solo Seat Kits & Solo Seat Components***
    By DK Custom Products in forum DK Custom Products
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 01:04 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 04:58 PM
  3. Pillion seat removal on trike
    By Jolie in forum Suzuki - Kawasaki Trikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 03:14 AM
  4. Seat Removal
    By VSTriker in forum Honda Trikes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 12:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •