Damn that was cold

Oct 21, 2018
Brigham City, Utah,USA
Just got home from a seven day ride from Northern Utah down to the Grand Canyon and back up through outback Nevada.

Good ride but we nearly froze to death at the Grand Canyon; 42 degrees and cold rain. It reestablished the weather conditions I thought I could ride in, maybe not enjoy but survive.

As a direct result I just ordered a new 10 inch long ride shield; could have used more protection in all that cold rain.

A couple of highlight: Best day was staying at a Best Western Plus in Ceder City Utah (main and 2nd); excellent motel and excellent value; riding up Utah highway 14 from Ceder City into snow country but what a ride; then coming into Zions national park from the East side. OMG, if you have not ridden Zions you have got to put that on your bucket list.

We were ahead of the tourist season so traffic was light. Came cross bikers from Germany and France who were wondering if we ever see summer here (hey, its mid-May right; the calendar says it is spring, right?).

1700 miles and averaged 37 MPG with a heavy load (Wife, self, and plenty of luggage). Lots on lonely highway in Nevada and west side of Utah. Nevada highway 50 through Great Basin is a wonderful ride.

A good nights rest and some clean laundry and I'm ready to do it again!!! may let the weather warm a bit however.

Just got home from a seven day ride from Northern Utah down to the Grand Canyon and back up through outback Nevada.

Good ride but we nearly froze to death at the Grand Canyon; 42 degrees and cold rain. It reestablished the weather conditions I thought I could ride in, maybe not enjoy but survive.

As a direct result I just ordered a new 10 inch long ride shield; could have used more protection in all that cold rain.

A couple of highlight: Best day was staying at a Best Western Plus in Ceder City Utah (main and 2nd); excellent motel and excellent value; riding up Utah highway 14 from Ceder City into snow country but what a ride; then coming into Zions national park from the East side. OMG, if you have not ridden Zions you have got to put that on your bucket list.

We were ahead of the tourist season so traffic was light. Came cross bikers from Germany and France who were wondering if we ever see summer here (hey, its mid-May right; the calendar says it is spring, right?).

1700 miles and averaged 37 MPG with a heavy load (Wife, self, and plenty of luggage). Lots on lonely highway in Nevada and west side of Utah. Nevada highway 50 through Great Basin is a wonderful ride.

A good nights rest and some clean laundry and I'm ready to do it again!!! may let the weather warm a bit however.

What doesn't freeze you to death, Only makes you stronger....:laugh:....

Nice trip....:clapping:..

It’s like fall here :cold: Some trees are still not fully leaved yet :Shrug: Highest to be all week , to be mid 50’s.

That means a longer summer into October.

Just "think" a year from now, you'll be laughing about that motorcycle trip....:D

The vacation from "hell" is always the one that you remember! And talk about years later... :(

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png