2018 Triglide broke down....sigh

Update: The trike is fixed and the trip is back on!!

I got a call from the service department Friday afternoon saying the parts that were supposed to take 7-10 days, got here overnight. They knew about my trip, so the mechanic who’s worked on my bikes/trikes for 15 years now, worked late Friday and came in early on Saturday to finish it up. I think he may have also been sick and tired of seeing it in his bay...😳

I talked to the GM this morning and asked how the parts got here so quickly. He just smiled and said he’s got connections. So I’m not sure if it was just a phone call he made or if the dealership paid for expedited shipping. Either way, it’s all put back together and now we get to head out Monday morning as planned.

I did get both the mechanic and the GM a good bottle of bourbon for their efforts. So a big shout out and thank you to Rocky Mountain H-D!!

Congratulations!! Good to hear Good News Stories about Great Dealers & Excellent Employees.:clapping:

And the saga continues....

Just finished up our trip to Arkansas and while there the volt gauge on the fairing started climbing and was staying in the red area, (high end not the low side). Rode to the dealership in Rogers to see what was going on. They stuck a tester on the charging system and it was reading the battery at 12.3, right where it should be, so they said the gauge was probably bad, but I could ride without any problems. So I rode around the rest of the week and 850 miles home and the bike rode fine...including the “new” transmission that was repaired. I take it in tomorrow so they can check it over.

So 3 out of my 4 trips with this trike have had problems and I’m not real happy right now.

Trip 1: Entire switch innards on right handle bar went out and parking brake sensor failed

Trip 2: No issues!!

Trip 3: Lost transmission

Trip 4: Volt gauge goes out and maybe more.

I realize that stuff happens and motorcycles do break down, but this is getting ridiculous.

Good to hear they got your trans fixed quickly. Sorry to hear about the gauge.

Hopefully that's the end of fixes and now it is just riding and maintenance going forward!

Kevin

Voltage

My gauge was reading 15v . So I checked it myself and was 14.3v . Will replace it with a digital the next time the batwing is removed. Probably be a winter project.

My gauge was reading 15v . So I checked it myself and was 14.3v . Will replace it with a digital the next time the batwing is removed. Probably be a winter project.

Both my T/G's 11 and 17 the gauge always said 15v....With about a total of 55k i just ignored them, Without any side effects.....Harley gauges are for amusement only and not for accuracy......:D.....

GoSlo, I probably wouldn't be real happy either. I have only had five HD's (3 used and 2 new) but very little problems over the years.

For me it wouldn't be the issue of a dealership taking care of the repairs or not taking care of them, it would be the constant worries of another breakdown while out on the road.

I certainly hope all the issues are over with your ride.

[h=1]“There ain't many troubles that a man caint fix

With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six.

”: Jeff Cooper[/h]Quote needs to be updated to include a bottle (or two) of bourbon

James P.

And the saga continues....

Just finished up our trip to Arkansas and while there the volt gauge on the fairing started climbing and was staying in the red area, (high end not the low side). Rode to the dealership in Rogers to see what was going on. They stuck a tester on the charging system and it was reading the battery at 12.3, right where it should be, so they said the gauge was probably bad, but I could ride without any problems. So I rode around the rest of the week and 850 miles home and the bike rode fine...including the “new” transmission that was repaired. I take it in tomorrow so they can check it over.

So 3 out of my 4 trips with this trike have had problems and I’m not real happy right now.

Trip 1: Entire switch innards on right handle bar went out and parking brake sensor failed

Trip 2: No issues!!

Trip 3: Lost transmission

Trip 4: Volt gauge goes out and maybe more.

I realize that stuff happens and motorcycles do break down, but this is getting ridiculous.

I feel your pain,my 17 has been in 8 times for different warranty issues,its to the point where i dont trust it. And im still not sure if the oil migration issue is fixed.

So I brought the trike in to the dealership and the mechanic wanted to check that everything was working properly before ordering a new gauge. Found that the regulator wasn't charging correctly and that's why the gauge was acting up. They had one is stock and took me right in this morning and got it done pretty quickly. Actually, the best news of this whole episode is that because I brought it in right after the ride, they washed it and I didn't have to!! So there's a silver lining to everything if you look hard enough.

If I remember correctly there is an adjustment on the back of the voltage meter.

I think it is a little screw that will allow the adjustment of where the gauge reads.

Put a volt meter on it and adjust it to read correctly. I adjusted my 2007 Electra Glide; however, I have not had my 2019 batwing off to check for the adjustment screw.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Driller79

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Driller79
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png