Likes Likes:  16
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Loose handlebars?

  1. #11
    Cut N Shoot Is A Town In Texas
    TrikeTalk Founder
    TrikeTalk Administrator
    Papa Zook's Avatar
    User ID
    1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Conroe, Texas
    Posts
    10,082
    Blog Entries
    1
    FT Author
    3 Threads

    Default

    First question is, does your trike have a rake kit installed? If not you need to add one. If it does have a rake kit, you need to retorque the steering stem to 40 ft lbs. If you dont have someone to do that for you, PM me and I can tell you how to do it.

    Proper rake will reduce trail and will not only make any trike so much safer and easier to steer, it will eliminate head shake 99% of the time. Holding on to your handlebars will eliminate the other 1%.

  2. #12
    Cut N Shoot Is A Town In Texas
    TrikeTalk Founder
    TrikeTalk Administrator
    Papa Zook's Avatar
    User ID
    1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Conroe, Texas
    Posts
    10,082
    Blog Entries
    1
    FT Author
    3 Threads

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecarbill View Post
    Your hands are the steering damper.
    Best explanation I have seen on the subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. loose control knobs
    By wildwest in forum Stallion Trikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
  2. Loose Crash Bar rings
    By Las Vegas Biker in forum Stallion Trikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
  3. 2011 Tri Glide - Loose oil pan!
    By ehroyal in forum Harley Tri Glide
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 08:43 PM
  4. Loose Bleeder Valve
    By Gorilla in forum Stallion Trikes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
  5. loose bolts
    By sprt220 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 05:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •