300+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Welcome from Montana, the Last, Best Place

2. Love Jugs
    5+ Posts
    Gold Club Member

User ID

Welcome to the forum from Middle Georgia Bill!

Lehman / Champion Guru
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Cool

Bill, welcome to Trike Talk from West Virginia.
    Jim Murphy
    Lehman Tech since 1998
    Champion Tech since 2005
    Lehman & Champion Dealer Owner Operator
    Iron Butt Rider 2001

WHEN HELP IS OFFERED, A SIMPLE "THANK YOU" IS APPRECIATED.

5+ Posts
    User ID

Default Thanks!

Thanks to all the welcomes, l'm new to this stuff so if l offend any one it is by mistake. Pick up my trike Monday, so wish me luck. I have two questions, 1, who makes the best risers(l'm short and have short limbs) 2, what milage should l expect with a Wing/Roadsmith? Thanks to all.

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    Thanks to all the welcomes, l'm new to this stuff so if l offend any one it is by mistake. Pick up my trike Monday, so wish me luck. I have two questions, 1, who makes the best risers(l'm short and have short limbs) 2, what milage should l expect with a Wing/Roadsmith? Thanks to all.
    Check out Wingstuff.com ... they sell risers. I used a set of show chrome on my wings and loved them.

I had an 08 with Champion kit and I'm gonna tell ya ... trikes take a hit compared to 2 wheelers. The faster you go, the lower the mileage. Best I ever got was 38 something on a trip on roads that the speed limit was 60 mph. At 75-80, it dropped to the low 30's.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

7. Love Jugs
    5+ Posts
    User ID

Default Thanks!

[QUOTE=paws;670366]Hello Bill! Welcome to TrikeTalk!

Since you winter in Texas - come a little early so as to attend the TrikeTalk meet and greet at Kerrville! It is held around the end of September, first of October.

Winter in the valley, don't come through til mid Nov, but l do love Hill Country!

Just Killing Time...
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    I have the Kuryakyn risers on my Gold Wing trike. Don’t know if they are the best or not but they are definitely suitable for me.

As to mileage, my 2008 GL1800 with a MotorTrike kit runs around 30-32 mpg (depending terrain, wind, and passing) if I keep it at just under 3000 RPM which equals about 70’sh. But I find it difficult to keep her around that speed on the interstate....my right hand just keeps twisting that throttle.
    New course heading Mr. Sulu: ...2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...!!

5+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by paws View Post
    I have the Kuryakyn risers on my Gold Wing trike. Don’t know if they are the best or not but they are definitely suitable for me.

As to mileage, my 2008 GL1800 with a MotorTrike kit runs around 30-32 mpg (depending terrain, wind, and passing) if I keep it at just under 3000 RPM which equals about 70’sh. But I find it difficult to keep her around that speed on the interstate....my right hand just keeps twisting that throttle.
    Thanks

User ID

Welcome from Western Pennsylvania, these guys know all thing wing's. Congratulations travel safe Fred
    Vintage 09' Vivid Black, Boyesen X force intake, DK Customs DIY external breather, PV tuner, Mighty Mite love Jugs,Titanium Wrapped Header pipe, Khrome Werks 2+2 Wide Sweepers, DK 2" tank lift deluxe, Air Deflectors, Rear Bumper, Fender Chrome trim, Kuri. Rear lights, 9" LRS recurve flat top wind screen, LED headlight and spots, Hubcaps rear wheels

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123