Likes Likes:  3
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neck height?

20+ Posts
    User ID

First pic is 35 degree rake with the fork attachment inline with the steering neck. Second is with a 45 degree neck with no change on the fork location. I think I'm liking the first one a bit better.

35degplusrake.jpg45degrake.jpg

450+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    A couple or 15? Thats quite a few, where would I find some pics of these trikes?

I've also seen a few front ends that have a pretty decent rake with a fairly steep LL angle. Wouldn't something like that have a fairly large trail change as it is rolling?
    yes

depends on the rocker / swingarm.. length too the angle of the the arm isnt the factor its the difference in height between pivot point and axle

and steep angle with raked trees or long swing arm can have short trail

while some will swear by the steep angle front end imo with a slider front (telescopic) when the angle gets steep basically no suspension until you basically hit a wall because the angle of movement is wrong

more here https://s211.photobucket.com/user/st...library?page=1

also LL on sidecars which are even more touchy to set up than a trike

there were a couple sevicars, obviously didnt build them from scratch but may have well have by the time we got them so they handled well also some home brew stuff, done back in the 80s before i had the pc and most of those photos are long gone
    Attached Images Attached Images

20+ Posts
    User ID

Cool pics. I'm always looking to learn more. Planning on the bar to go around the back side of the tire, just didn't think it was that important at this point. Kinda getting the frame roughed out. Does anyone else that has done the Front Wheel Drive engine in the back of the frame have any pics of their attachments?

This is a pic of the front frame so far.

frame1.jpg

User ID

don't know if it will help, but a few pics of the engine trans mount in my album. used a 2.2 chrysler power train, single seat in front....maybe some pics in postings also. but a basic 3 point mount for eng/trans then for drive axle suspension made a small dropped axle with airbags, shocks and a panhard bar. the 4th from the last picture shows the rear axle details.....just layed the spindles back 90 degrees......didn't want to look at struts and springs, so did this arrangement.

20+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    don't know if it will help, but a few pics of the engine trans mount in my album. used a 2.2 chrysler power train, single seat in front....maybe some pics in postings also. but a basic 3 point mount for eng/trans then for drive axle suspension made a small dropped axle with airbags, shocks and a panhard bar. the 4th from the last picture shows the rear axle details.....just layed the spindles back 90 degrees......didn't want to look at struts and springs, so did this arrangement.
    It sure did help. I'm just not too sure on how to fully eliminate the ugly struts and go a similar route as you did. The donor car has the load leveling air shocks on the rear suspension with the compressor. I am planning on snagging the little compressor and seeing what I can do with it. Once I get the drive line assembly out of the car, I'm sure I'll be able to see things a bit better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12