Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Rubbing noise

User ID

Default Rubbing noise

I have a champion kit on my roadstar. We have 50k on the kit. On a ride yesterday, we noticed a rubbing sound as we did a left side u turn. I haven't tried a right side u turn yet. I check tire clearance and lug nuts. It sounds like rear drive train noise to me. Belt tension is ok. I had the body off, last summer for a check up and everything was tight and in spec. Any ideas besides not doing u turns?

Jan & John

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

I hate stuff like this ... could ne lots of stuff. I'd put the trike rear wheels off the ground and check for wheel bearing play, get the trike in neutral and spin the power train from the wheels.

I'm guessing it doesn't do it when going straight? When it's up "wiggle" and "turn" everything you can and look for play and listen for noise.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    I hate stuff like this ... could ne lots of stuff. I'd put the trike rear wheels off the ground and check for wheel bearing play, get the trike in neutral and spin the power train from the wheels.

I'm guessing it doesn't do it when going straight? When it's up "wiggle" and "turn" everything you can and look for play and listen for noise.
    Thanks. I will do that, when I get thru rebuilding the TBI in our motorhome. Gramma wants to camp on the beach next week.

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
    Thanks. I will do that, when I get thru rebuilding the TBI in our motorhome. Gramma wants to camp on the beach next week.
    If Gramma ain't happy, nobody's happy ...
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

2250+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Ditto on keeping Gramma happy.Check the swingarm for looseness.
    Marc
    Do not argue with an idiot.He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Its dog eat dog world and i'm wearing milkbone underwear.

Cut N Shoot Is A Town In Texas
    TrikeTalk Founder
    TrikeTalk Administrator
    User ID
    Blog Entries
    FT Author
    4 Threads

John, check your shocks. Might be a tire rubbing when under a load. Where is your shock preload set at? You can rotate it a notch or three on both sides to increase preload and that may cure the issue, or if they are the original shocks, it's probably time to replace them.