Help, windshield cloudy gl1800 windshield

Jul 20, 2009
Paris, tx USA
How do I get the “cloudy film” off a gl1800 windshield? I have tried 1500 grit sandpaper but think I may have scratched the windshield some. I can scratch it off with my fingernail. I was told to use a soft cloth and polish but it did not come off.

How do I get the “cloudy film” off a gl1800 windshield? I have tried 1500 grit sandpaper but think I may have scratched the windshield some. I can scratch it off with my fingernail. I was told to use a soft cloth and polish but it did not come off.

I have a rhino with a full windshield and i ride though heavy brush and branch's constantly and I polish it with a scratch remover polish ‘ and it works wonders on my ten year old windshield 👍👍 I’m not home right now but will be in an hour and post the name of the polish 👌

I have a rhino with a full windshield and i ride though heavy brush and branch's constantly and I polish it with a scratch remover polish ‘ and it works wonders on my ten year old windshield 👍👍 I’m not home right now but will be in an hour and post the name of the polish 👌

Ok. I'm back......The name of the polish is..Novus Plastic Polish No 2.....

I put it on my windshield and rub it in with my fingers....No cloth, Just fingers till it's dry, Then with a clean cloth wipe clean.....ThumbUp....

Ok. I'm back......The name of the polish is..Novus Plastic Polish No 2.....

I put it on my windshield and rub it in with my fingers....No cloth, Just fingers till it's dry, Then with a clean cloth wipe clean.....ThumbUp....

Thank you, I will try Novus plastic polish no2!!

My bad.......I should have told you to park the Honda off site at a Harley dealer and go in wearing a Harley T shirt.....Most Harley dealers in my neck of the woods carry the Novus...:D..

:laugh:.......

Every HD shop I have been in carries it

I found it cheaper @ Auto Zone;)

Micro Fine

Sounds like you have a scratch guard coating if you can pick it off with your fingernail. Keep going with the 1500 wet till all of coating is gone. Then go to 2000 micro fine wet, switch from horizontal strokes to vertical strokes, slight buffing with muslin wheel and just about any polish will bring it back to perfect clear.

It is on the inside of the windshield

Sounds like you have a scratch guard coating if you can pick it off with your fingernail. Keep going with the 1500 wet till all of coating is gone. Then go to 2000 micro fine wet, switch from horizontal strokes to vertical strokes, slight buffing with muslin wheel and just about any polish will bring it back to perfect clear.

The film is on the inside of the windshield, but it has put a lot of scratches while sanding it. Have been out of town and will start trying to fix it again. Our Honda house (where I bought my gold wing new) has converted to a Harley house lol , don’t see many Honda’s in the parking lot!

I don't know if this will actually help or not, BUT I always give my windshield a good wax job everytime time I wax her up.........which is usually everytime it rains for the day, I'll sit in my garage, and put my "headphones on, listen to my favorite band "led zeppelin" and "rock out" and wax her up!! ;)

Ronnie

Got most of film off

I don't know if this will actually help or not, BUT I always give my windshield a good wax job everytime time I wax her up.........which is usually everytime it rains for the day, I'll sit in my garage, and put my "headphones on, listen to my favorite band "led zeppelin" and "rock out" and wax her up!! ;)

Ronnie

Got most of film off but now am dealing with a lot of scratches on windshield, so many I can’t see through it. I have a buffer and will see how buffing it with novus works.

Got most of film off but now am dealing with a lot of scratches on windshield, so many I can’t see through it. I have a buffer and will see how buffing it with novus works.

I know you guys like to work at a project to see if you can successfully achieve your end goal.... BUT... just as a suggestion.... if all else fails and it comes down to NEED A WINDSHIELD NOW you might want to purchase an F4.

Very pricey - yes. Probably be the last one you’ll ever need. Water and paper towels is usually all you need to clean it up. Yes... paper towels! They will NOT scratch it. You can use Windex if you think you need it. - NEVER put wax on it. Optical clarity is fantastic. It is a a much heavier material than the OEM shield.

And, by the way... get that windshield issue done and come on down to Kerrville for the TrikeTalk meet and greet at the end of September...its a fun time with lots of riding and kick’n tires!

Thanks al

I know you guys like to work at a project to see if you can successfully achieve your end goal.... BUT... just as a suggestion.... if all else fails and it comes down to NEED A WINDSHIELD NOW you might want to purchase an F4.

Very pricey - yes. Probably be the last one you’ll ever need. Water and paper towels is usually all you need to clean it up. Yes... paper towels! They will NOT scratch it. You can use Windex if you think you need it. - NEVER put wax on it. Optical clarity is fantastic. It is a a much heavier material than the OEM shield.

And, by the way... get that windshield issue done and come on down to Kerrville for the TrikeTalk meet and greet at the end of September...its a fun time with lots of riding and kick’n tires!

Thanks all for the input. It did work by sandpapering it and then polishing it. I can ride and see through it . It will work for a while until I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new windshield lol. I will look at a f4 but just can’t afford one right now!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png