Today it rained before leaving work, so the roads were thoroughly wet.

While riding home it was only a very light rain, keeping the roads wet...but not flooded.

I do not like the Traction Control System on the 2019's. However, I must say, it works amazingly well.

I don't like the TCS because I do enjoy hitting the throttle in a sweeper, breaking the rear end loose, and then drifting (with the throttle on) through the curve. The TG is amazingly stable and I've done this hundreds (probably thousands) of times and never been surprised by any bad behavior from the TG platform.

That said, I do understand:

1. HD does not make the TG for folks that like to drift through the sweepers, they make if for the majority of folks that would Not like doing that.

2. I do realize I can toggle off the TCS before I start moving,..and I need to remember to do that.

Why do I say it works amazingly well if I don't like it?

Today while riding home, on the perfect for drifting wet roads, 7 different curves presented themselves to me. Each time, as soon as I broke the rear end loose, the throttle was chopped by the TCS and did not re-engage until the rear tires were fully engaged with the road again.

(This is the first time the roads have been in this "perfect for drifting" state since my 2019 TG was fully broken in, allowing me to really get on the throttle)

What amazed me was how well this worked, how smooth the dropping off of the throttle was, and more importantly how smoothly the throttle re-engaged. I'm pretty sure when traction was lost, even though I was at 1/3 throttle, it immediately dropped the throttle to an idle even though my wrist still had the throttle at 1/3 open. This did not create any instability whatsoever.

What really impressed me most was how smooth/stable everything was when the rear tires regained traction and the engine went from an idle throttle back to 1/3 throttle. No bad manners whatsoever.

I can see how this feature will greatly increase the safe operation of the TG in adverse conditions, and also save some accidents from occurring from over-reactions by some riders.

Kudo's to HD for getting this so right the first time around!

I probably will have to wait til winter, unless we run into some snow later this summer when we're way up north, to see how well t works in the snow. Should be interesting. I know I won't be able to do the below unless I turn the TCS off. What I am curious about is how well the TCS will work in normal riding on the snow or ice.

Kevin