Triker Ladies?

Juju

Contributing Member
Aug 29, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm still pretty new to this forum, and still a triker wannabe (soon, baby, soon), and wondering how many women are here who ride their own trikes? Nana--of the gorgeous yellow-and-white Fat Boy--seems to be a fairly constant presence, but how many others, I wonder. And are you happier triking than you were biking? Do you ever miss leaning and carving a sweet curve on two wheels?

Hi JuJu, I rode 2 wheels for almost 18 years, and loved every minute! I really finally opted to trike it just to spoil myself and actually get more use out of my Fat Boy. Because I am so small I wouldn't take it out much on my own (5' tall, 105#), and depended on help for maneuvering in tight parking spots, etc. because of not much leverage. I did miss leaning into those wonderful, swooping corners at first a little bit; and for the first 200 miles or so that steering feels like work. Then I suddenly discovered I didn't even notice it -- it felt comfortable and easy and even curves were still fun. Now (about 10,000 miles on the trike) I have no regrets at all. And I feel perfectly fine using it any time on my own without concern of getting into a tight spot, gravel, or of losing it and going over. It is a treat! Not to mention I get a ton of fine attention :).

Thanks, Nana--it's great to hear that, while I continue the search for my trike--I know she's out there!

But, are you and I it, as far as women riders on this forum? I was sure there'd be at least a handful.

There are others..... Yellow Trike & Dolly off the top of my head. Of course Trike Lady, who not only rides but builds them. I am sure there are others too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

By the way, in answer to your question on another thread, I guess I'm retired. I left my nursing job about 6 years ago to babysit a new granddaughter and haven't gone back. I'm thinking I may not go back even though that little treasure is now in school. This being footloose and fancy free is kinda nice :)

I ride my own GL 1800 Goldwing with MT conversion. I love riding. Took a trip this summer to include a Women On Wheels (R) ride-in that was held at Boyne Mountain Michigan. I ended up riding to Pennsylvania and back to Ohio where I visited a friend before going to MI. Went to Ontario, Sask., Manitoba before coming home thru the mid-western states. I put 4300 miles on the trike, all of it riding alone. I find there are LOTS of men and women out there that are willing to assist you. Whenever I pulled over to take pictures, almost always someone stopped to ask if I needed help. That could be because I am on the plus side of 60. I was very impressed.

I do most of my riding alone, as there is noone around here that has the opportunities that I do. YES, don't hesitate to get that trike. You will be very happy you did.

Arlene in Missouri

I'm still pretty new to this forum, and still a triker wannabe (soon, baby, soon), and wondering how many women are here who ride their own trikes? Nana--of the gorgeous yellow-and-white Fat Boy--seems to be a fairly constant presence, but how many others, I wonder. And are you happier triking than you were biking? Do you ever miss leaning and carving a sweet curve on two wheels?

Hey Juju.

I'm a 'triker lady' :D and I LOVE my trike!!!!

I tease my roommate when we ride everytime we get to a stop light (I put my feet up in the air and holler at him "i don't have to put my feet down" hahahahahahaha) In fact I even had a biker cop pull up next to me last week when it was really hot saying the same thing - 'he wished he didn't have to put his feet down on the hot concrete!' I got a kick out-a that :)

I can no longer ride a 2 wheeler due to fracturing my back (twice in the same place!) :( but I refused giving up riding!! It took me a little while to get use to 'steering' the bike vs. using the lean to turn it - but girl, I wouldn't give up my trike for anything!!

...and as far as long trips - talk about being more relaxed!!

FYI: Plan on every time you stop for gas it taking 1/2 hour - you'll get approached and asked questions EVERYTIME you stop. Most of the time it's fun, but there are those times you just want to get gas and go. But if I can educate someone on trikes, I will certainly give them my time (even on those days I just wanna gas-n-go).

BTW: I have a Candy Apple Red GoldWing (Gl1800 - 2008 model) with a California SideCar (CSC) trike kit.

If you want to see pictures of her being triked, they are located here:

Picasa Web Albums - Lady A/ - Trike Process

Keep us informed of when you get triked :)

We have had so many new trikers join the board lately, was wondering if any are ladies who ride their own? Please let us know. You are very welcome here.:)

Thanks for all the responses and advice, y'all! Like Patches, I'm hoping our numbers will grow here.

I still haven't gotten my trike yet, but I checked out a few at a rally last weekend and I'm getting closer.

One question for you Gold Wing riders. I test-rode a Gold Wing trike at the rally and it felt like I was trying to steer an 18-wheeler! Holy mackerel, how do you gals do it? Do you have the EZ-steer installed on your trikes?

Yes, I have an easy steer on my MT. I love it and there is quite a difference. In fact, I had to get used to the new steering! I was so used to the unraked bike that the easy-steer seemed strange for awhile. Definitely consider it when you purchase your trike.

Thanks for all the responses and advice, y'all! Like Patches, I'm hoping our numbers will grow here.

I still haven't gotten my trike yet, but I checked out a few at a rally last weekend and I'm getting closer.

One question for you Gold Wing riders. I test-rode a Gold Wing trike at the rally and it felt like I was trying to steer an 18-wheeler! Holy mackerel, how do you gals do it? Do you have the EZ-steer installed on your trikes?

I ride a GL1800 with a CSC trike -

EZ-Steer is a MUST - it makes life sooooo much better!

You'll still "man handle" the trike, but it won't be 'fighting back' as it would without it.

But I wouldn't trade my Goldwing for anything. Talk about comfort!!!

...And that butt warmer has really come in handy these chilly mornings :) (it was 42 degrees when I left for work at 5:05 this morning :eek:)

Hi Juju. Mine isn't a Goldwing, as you know, but I have EZ Steer, and would not be without it. I also test drove a trike before adding the kit to my Fat Boy, and that was SO difficult to steer compared to mine with the option added. As Blondie says, you must still expect an adjustment to the steering vs. the leaning turns of 2-wheel riding. But by a couple hundred miles you will not notice it and you will love the bonuses of having the trike (and the Chief will not worry about you so much as you ride!). But definitely I agree that the EZ steer is an important and valuable option to select for your kit.

I have my own GL1800 with Motortrike conversion. E-Z steer from Champion.

I do not miss 2-wheels....

I have put 44k miles on my trike since purchasing in July 2005.

I LOVE retirement!

Welcome to the board. There is a lot of really good info here and plenty of nice folks. Have a great day!!

I ride a 2006 FatBoy Lehman and absolutely love it. I don't miss 2 wheels at all. It took me no time at all to get used to my "threedom". Love the feel, the handling and the practicality. I'll never go back!

Welcome aboard, Likemytrike!

I'm STILL shopping for my trike. And while I can't afford a Fat Boy trike, I've looked a couple of them and they are hot stuff for sure. Look at Nana's yellow beauty, for example. I'm still leaning toward a Honda for my first (maybe not my last?) trike. I test-rode a couple of 750s from Motor Trike--courtesy of Bazooka--thanks, Zook, but I'm still searching for a Honda VTX 1300 that I can ride.

One of these days...sooner rather than later...I hope....

New here, and yes I ride my own as well - Suzuki C50 with Lehman conversion. Can't ride 2 wheels because of vertigo, so went straight from the MSF course to a trike. Love triking, but next time (Spring???) I'm going with the GoldWing or a Harley. Just spoiled I guess - I want a bit more comfort for longer rides. ;)

Western central MA here - email if you're going to be in the area, and maybe we can meet up for coffee or lunch! :)

Soon to be a Lady Triker. Just waiting for my new Factory HD Tri Glide to come in. About 6 to 8 weeks to go. Am having a cow, want that thing NOW!
I have many trips I want to do, so am kinda glad it will be arriving towards winter time. Will give me plenty of time to practice before heading to Daytona in March. Then to Myrtle Beach in May and perhaps Maine in June.

Hello new friends! I have been praying, saving, and searching for a Trike for almost 3 years. I've narrowed it down to two models but would love some womanly advise. This is big step for me because for the past 18 years, I have been a bicycling missionary and have pedaled across America 14 times and logged in over 250,000 on a beautiful titanuium, 27-spped two-wheel bicycle. I've been the motor!!!! (www.wheelpower.org) Now, as I enter my 60th year of life, I'd really like to get across the country quicker, still telling people about Jesus, but getting back to my grandsons!!!! I've been single since 1975 and am seeking new friends and adventures.
Please give me some advise about these two choices: '08 Honda Goldwing with CSC conversion. BMW K1200LT with Hennigan conversion? I'm 5'8" about 135lbs. Which bike is easier to handle?
Thanks, Judy the WHEEL Lady

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png