I'm a ship sponsor

Whoops, missed the one on the 27th, probably too late anyway, almost too late for the BILLINGS on Aug 3rd. Give me a head's up when ya know, I might be able to go again, who knows. You seem well connected on this business. Of course it gets expensive even though I live in FL.

I work from this list and check it regularly: https://www.navycommissionings.org/ I check either by 'Commissioning Website' or 'Commissioning Year' and there are some that you have to work at finding info on. Some have 'Facebook' pages and so I have to dig for a website on those. Then there are those that you have to contact the 'Sponsoring Council' for info. I'm looking into membership in the Navy League and I'll know even more.

Checked the list today and someone really needs to check their work, they have a ship listed as 'Under Construction' and a 2019 Commissioning. Sounds like its a PT boat. :xzqxz:

This is how they have it listed:

Ship name: John Basilone

Hull: DDG 122

Class: Arleigh Burke

Commissioning Year: 2019

They're really in a hurry to get that one out to sea.

Someone is really off on the time frame of that ship, maybe 2020 or 2021:confused:

The excitement will be building up on the 27th and the 3rd when the newest ships are commissioned and I have my own party. These ceremonies normally begin at 8:00am for me and so I am up, the big screen laptop is brought out and set up, breakfast is being prepared and by that time the ceremony is starting and I'm watching. The moment the order is given "Quartermaster break out the commissioning pennant' and then the order from the Ship Sponsor "Man our ship and bring her to life" and that's when the applauding starts and dishes go flying in the sink.

Someone is really off on the time frame of that ship, maybe 2020 or 2021:confused:

DDG 122 The John Basilone has anEstimated time for completion 2020?

So if its true to form 2022😁It’s interesting how the new ships of the class needed something like 30 +++ tons of extra weight added just for air-conditioning units for the new sophisticated radar that’s been added to them ..

My choice would be the Barry Goldwater 👍👍

It was Amazing he lost the 64 election mostly because of a television commercial with little girl picking daisy petals....

Going off subject a little bit here but if you remember the Democrats were trying to say that Barry Goldwater could not run for president because he wasn’t a Citizen ! He was born in Arizona territory before it became a state 😄😄

Going off subject a little bit here but if you remember the Democrats were trying to say that Barry Goldwater could not run for president because he wasn’t a Citizen ! He was born in Arizona territory before it became a state ����

Both Tom's aunts have birth certificates that read 'Territory of New Mexico' and that was before New Mexico became a state. They're both up in age. They can remember when Las Cruces was a small town with hardly anything in it.

Millie and I got our invitation card in the mail, so making prep for that looooong drive to KW for commissioning of the USS BILLINGS. Won't be on the cheap of course, but probably a once in a life time where it's up close and personal. Trike Lady, thanks for posting the link for the PAUL IGNATIOUS. Lord willing, I'll be watching.

It will be worth it to see the actual ceremony and be present, watching it on the computer is okay. I agree its expensive but its not something you'll be doing every week/month. I don't know if photography is allowed, if it is you'll have some great pics.

Enjoy the ceremony.

Oh yes indeed, looking forward to it. There will be a ship's tour, pictures allowed before going aboard. Nothing about lunch in the mess hall, don't think that's happening. Be a thrill to do that once again.

It seems that way. July 27 The Paul Ignatius DDG117, August 3 USS BILLINGS LCS15, October 5 USS CINCINNATI LCS 20 and October 26 the USS INDIANAPOLIS LCS17. The list I work from has been seriously off with the ship commissioning, its kind of hard to donate when the info isn't current. :(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png