I'm a ship sponsor

Millie and I got our invitation card in the mail, so making prep for that looooong drive to KW for commissioning of the USS BILLINGS. Won't be on the cheap of course, but probably a once in a life time where it's up close and personal. Trike Lady, thanks for posting the link for the PAUL IGNATIOUS. Lord willing, I'll be watching.

Have a safe journey and enjoy the ceremony.

Will be adding the USS CINCINNATI LCS20 to my donation list next month. :clapping:

I hope you have good weather for the event and the front blows through and allows for a great day. No one will enjoy the ceremony sitting in the rain.

They had a bright sunny day in Key West Florida and another fine ship has been commissioned. :clapping: It's a wonderful feeling to see the ship that you donate to become part of the fleet. To all the sailors, may you have fair winds and following seas. :captain:

bikerbillone I hope you made it to the ceremony.

The commissioning coin for the USS PAUL IGNATIUS came in today. :clapping:

Attachments

• rsz_0809191604a.jpg
    rsz_0809191604a.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 81
  • rsz_0809191604.jpg
    rsz_0809191604.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 96
Some donation levels get a coin and others a ship picture, I donate at the lowest level $25.00 to $50.00. The USS INDIANAPOLIS is giving the $25.00 donations coins. I purchased the one for the USS BILLINGS. The coins are available still and they are very nice. https://ussbillingslcs15.org/product/official-commissioning-coin/ If you order a coin have it sent by 'Media Mail' its cheaper.

Soon I'll need a display case for the coins. By October I'll have a total of 5.

Not to clutter, but here's a you tube on LCS 4, posted on this thread, someone else might be interested. If we're boring others that want trike posts, then Randy can step in and tell us.

I got my membership into the Navy League a couple of days ago and I applied as an 'At Large' member and was placed in the North West region. I'll probably get newsletters and emails from groups in that area. :clapping:

I guess it has to do with the size. :xzqxz:

I did find this:

One thing that sets a ship apart from a boat is size. According the U.S. Naval Institute, a boat, generally speaking, is small enough to be carried aboard a larger vessel, and a vessel large enough to carry a smaller one is a ship. Or, as Steve says his Navy Lieutenant father put it to him, “You can put a boat on a ship, but you can’t put a ship on a boat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png