I'm a ship sponsor

TrikeLady, sent the Blue Jackets Manual to my ship mate who keeps all the USS De Haven DD727 artifacts to show this month at the annual reunion in Jacksonville. I also found a 1951 Plan of the Day for Thanksgiving. On that day, the ship was steaming, at general quarters, and lying off shore firing in Wonson Harbor over 5K rounds of 5"38s at the N Korean enemy 'packages'. Talk about memories. Would I do it all over again, sure in a heart beat. So, thanks again for that BJM.

You're welcome and thank you for your service. It's nice to see history live on and be preserved, a couple of days ago I had seen a video of a surviving PT boat.

Keeping with the ship commissioning theme of this thread out of curiosity I had to search Youtube for a British ship commissioning and found this:

I got my invitation to the commissioning of the USS INDIANAPOLIS LCS17, I got it automatically for being a donor and coming soon will be the commissioning coin. I won't be attending the ceremony in person but I will be watching it live on the laptop on October 26, 2019 at 10:00am CDT it starts and for me it will be 9:00am for the east coast its 11:00am. To be seen here: http://www.ussindianapolislcs17.com/ or here too: https://navylive.dodlive.mil/ or https://www.dvidshub.net/ I think this is the last one for the year. :(

Coast Guard, now that's funny. Actually the one commissioned in Key West was the Freedom Class and a bit larger than the WWII/Korean War DD I was on. Here's the kicker, compliment on the DD was abut 320 personnel, the LCS is about 60, and I think 50 was on board at commissioning, now there's an automated ship right there.

Coast Guard, now that's funny. Actually the one commissioned in Key West was the Freedom Class and a bit larger than the WWII/Korean War DD I was on. Here's the kicker, compliment on the DD was abut 320 personnel, the LCS is about 60, and I think 50 was on board at commissioning, now there's an automated ship right there.

Maintenance 'Logistics and Training are done ashore to reduce the size of the crew...:xzqxz:..

Well, the USS INDIANAPOLIS LCS17 commissioning is now complete and this ship joins the fleet. :clapping: Next year I get to start all over again with new ships. :)

Not a Commissioning, but..

The carrier John F. Kennedy is being christened Saturday 12/7 at Newport News Shipyard. Caroline Kennedy is supposed to break the champagne bottle.

I was offered tickets, but have a previous engagement and my wife can't stay out in the 40 something degree weather for 6 hours. My son will be there, he helped build it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png