Bridgestone BT-45 Wear

rhino65

250+ Posts
Aug 14, 2016
Atwood, Illinois United States
I've had my BT45 on front of my trike now for about 9,000 miles. After coming home this week from Colorado I noticed cupping is getting bad. I've mostly run 40psi in it with it occasionally getting to 37-38 before checking. Still has lot of tread but made a slow speed turn during trip and noticed a wobble. I'm guessing this is due to tire cupping? Only does this occasionally. Going down road it's smooth

I've had my BT45 on front of my trike now for about 9,000 miles. After coming home this week from Colorado I noticed cupping is getting bad. I've mostly run 40psi in it with it occasionally getting to 37-38 before checking. Still has lot of tread but made a slow speed turn during trip and noticed a wobble. I'm guessing this is due to tire cupping? Only does this occasionally. Going down road it's smooth

don't know others thoughts on this, but every bt 45 tire iv'e ever run on the front done the same thing. did'nt matter on air pressure. i now run shinko's, and have not had a cupping issue with these.. although if my bike sits for a week the shinkos develop a flat spot on the tire but after a couple of miles that disappears.

Don't know what tire my brother is running on his trike but the tire was cupped when he bought the trike, I fixed it by running the Dragon 4 times pushing it hard keeping up with him on his 2 wheeler, abrasive road & working it hard took the cup out.

I run an Avon trike front tire on mine, no problems with cupping at all.

I know Bridgestone has improved the tire and gone to a 50 model number.

Is it possible running at 40psi is too much? What does Honda & your trike conversion manufacturer recommend?

I know the Avon AV91 trike tire for your GW & TriGlide has high reviews. I wish they had 1 in my Freewheeler size. I have been looking at the Bridgestone as I always like their tires & I have found it for $99

I've had 3 BT 45 on my Trike. Two mounted regular and one mounted in reverse. Get about the same mileage each way. Never had a cupping issue.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png