Harley Rake Kits

I read all of these posts because I am considering the rake kit. Zook I see you include fork extension tubes with yours. How or does that affect spring length? and while you got it tore apart should you upgrade the springs and associated components? I have an '07 Ultra with a Lehman Renegade.

i bought an 09 triglide tripple tree from harley. it fit my 01 ultra just fine. everthing bolted back just fine with the exception of the bottom chrome cover which you have to get a triglide one the sides aren't long enough to reach the bolt holes.

The Tri-Glide stock triple trees adds just a 2.75 degree rake, very conservative and thought it helps a bit, it is hardly the optimum setup, ask the dozens of Tri-Glide owners who have changed out their stock trees for my 5 degree trees. When you factor in the additional components needed to make the kit fit properly on a non Tri-Glide, you will have very close to what I sell a 5 degree billet rake kit for, and my kits come with fork extensions, which keeps the trike level and the Tri-Glide trees do not, it drops the front end. Its a no brainer in my book.

Took my recently purchased (but not new) '10 TG to the South Florida HD dealer to ask about a rake kit. They told me flat no. That 1) it has a rake kit and 2) it invalidates the warranty. Anyone else argued the warranty invalidation argument via HD? Off topic on this thread, in the same visit they suggested larger diameter grips (instead of a clutch wiz). Needles to say not too happy with those answers--and I don't know of a non-dealer mechanic here.

The 5 degree Tri-Glide trees are among my best selling trees and I have had zero issues with any warranty claims. The Tri-Glide owners love them. They eBay their stock TG pull off trees and get half their money back.

I read all of these posts because I am considering the rake kit. Zook I see you include fork extension tubes with yours. How or does that affect spring length? and while you got it tore apart should you upgrade the springs and associated components? I have an '07 Ultra with a Lehman Renegade.

The fork extensions do not affect the spring length at all. I do not recommend changing the stock springs, though that is a personal choice. So install stiffer springs and are satisfied with it, some change it and dont like it and go back to the stock springs. The stock setup is more than adequate and gives the most comfortable ride IMO.

The Tri-Glide stock triple trees adds just a 2.75 degree rake, very conservative and thought it helps a bit, it is hardly the optimum setup, ask the dozens of Tri-Glide owners who have changed out their stock trees for my 5 degree trees. When you factor in the additional components needed to make the kit fit properly on a non Tri-Glide, you will have very close to what I sell a 5 degree billet rake kit for, and my kits come with fork extensions, which keeps the trike level and the Tri-Glide trees do not, it drops the front end. Its a no brainer in my book.

The 5 degree Tri-Glide trees are among my best selling trees and I have had zero issues with any warranty claims. The Tri-Glide owners love them. They eBay their stock TG pull off trees and get half their money back.

The fork extensions do not affect the spring length at all. I do not recommend changing the stock springs, though that is a personal choice. So install stiffer springs and are satisfied with it, some change it and dont like it and go back to the stock springs. The stock setup is more than adequate and gives the most comfortable ride IMO.

Hi Zook,
We have a 2011 Tri Glide Ultra Classic and find it necessary to make the steering easier. Is your kit still available and essentially complete so no other parts or accessories would be needed? We ride all through the Smokey Mountains, NC, Tenn. etc each summer.

It's getting more difficult to take the Tail of the Dragon turns with my ole arthritic hands any more.

Let me know if it's still available, the price and I'll call to order one if available.

Ray

What else do i need to purchase to have these fitted?, talking to the dealer today & He mentioned something about fork extensions.

What else do i need to purchase to have these fitted?, talking to the dealer today & He mentioned something about fork extensions.

ZED, I hope this info will help, I found it in the first post on this thread--

"These are 100% USA Made, machined billet aluminum 6061 alloy with new tapered bearings, races and free fork tube extensions and come with one year factory warranty."

ZED, I hope this info will help, I found it in the first post on this thread--

"These are 100% USA Made, machined billet aluminum 6061 alloy with new tapered bearings, races and free fork tube extensions and come with one year factory warranty."

Thanks '92....yes my rake kits do come with new bearings, and fork tube extensions. I sent you another PM ZED. ThumbUp

ordered the flh 5 degree rake kit for my 01 ultra last nite, was wondering how long it takes to get it, as i recieved no info about a time frame as of yet. i wanted to get it apart so it's ready when the tree gets here but don't want to do it too soon and miss any more riding days than i have to. thanks

I did the Roadsmith on a 2008 FLHTCU myself with on rake . Im going to buy rake kit from zook do i need to raise the front with a taller rim and tire

I did the Roadsmith on a 2008 FLHTCU myself with on rake . Im going to buy rake kit from zook do i need to raise the front with a taller rim and tire

The kit come with fork extensions so you dont have to run a taller tire, but if you are running a taller tire just for looks, let me know and I will provide shorter extensions with the kit. PM me if you have any questions.

Zook

I read this whole thread ... never did see anything about voiding the warranty ...

The 2015 supposed to have more rake already ... do I need this ... I get a little work out in the twisties

I surely do like mine!

I bought a high quality (Hog Halter) 5 degree raked triple tree from Zook in 2013 when I built my trike. It has some damn nice features that made installation allot easier than more expensive ones i have since installed on other peoples bikes and their tree has nothing on mine for quality. Overall I have a 9 degree rake, it handles beautifully with one hand, is far more responsive than my buddies tri-glide or another friends gold wing trike.

It has some sweet features I haven't seen on more expensive models.

For an explanation Google- pcombe/photobucket/library where I showed pictures of my build.

hint: hold your cursor over the pictures in photobucket to enlarge and see explanations.

B-12rightforkinstalled_zps3a14439d.jpg B-13frontforksinstalled_zpsf18fa05e.jpg

"THE TREES COME WITH A 2 INCH EXTENSION TO ADD TO THE TOP. THEY ARE A BIT DIFFICULT TO INSTALL DUE TO THE FORK SPRINGS.. YOU MAY HAVE TO USE A VISE TO HELP IN COMPRESSION. NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO CHANGE THAT FORK OIL! THE TUBES SCREW INTO THE UPPER TRIPLE TREE,SO NO CHANCE OF MISALIGNMENT OR FOR UNEVENNESS. SCREW IN HAND TIGHT ONLY, SO PUT AWAY YOUR PIPE WRENCH BOYS. I REALLY LIKE THIS FEATURE, THERE IS NO CHANCE AT FORK MISALIGNMENT AND THE UPPER FORK CLAMP IS ELIMINATED"

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the slow response to the rake install to my tri glide. The project has been further extended due to more floods here in northern Ohio. The Park has been quite busy and with the Holidays now upon us, my time in the shop has been really slim. I am not a commercial installer just a handy old hot rodder with a good mechanical aptitude to work on most anything.

So far, the removal of the Harley tree was quite a job due to the harnesses and all the brackets and fairing. Once the tree was out then working on installing the kit tree was trying. Probably the hardest part was installing the tube extensions. Removing the Harley tube plugs was pretty straight forward and easy, spring loaded, so be careful here. Next installing the tube extensions with spring tension was the hard part. I had to think about it and then made a tool similar to a valve spring tool used to work on engine heads.

This tool was used in conjugation to my bench vise. The vise holds the leg tube, and the tool pushes down the tube extension while threading it into the tube down spring tension. A chore but I did it. Fork legs are installed now and will work on it as more time comes soon.

Later,

Bill:(

I used a vice to hold the leg myself but between myself and a friend we got the plug started by hand. difficult but I did it.

I also had to make some one off parts to use the anti dive system on my 89 tour glide.

I recently purchased a 2013 Road Glide FLTRU motortrike. would it make it any easier to steer with a rake kit installed? I've been told motortrike kits don't change the wheel base so I shouldn't need one but it is pretty tough to steer. Also been told the road glide may not have the clearance for one. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I read this whole thread ... never did see anything about voiding the warranty ...

The 2015 supposed to have more rake already ... do I need this ... I get a little work out in the twisties

The stock rake on TriGlides is very conservative and yes there is a rake kit available for all TriGlides. Do they help? Absolutely, I've sold dozens of them to TriGlide owners. PM me if you want more information.

I recently purchased a 2013 Road Glide FLTRU motortrike. would it make it any easier to steer with a rake kit installed? I've been told motortrike kits don't change the wheel base so I shouldn't need one but it is pretty tough to steer. Also been told the road glide may not have the clearance for one. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Motor Trike has been telling their customers that ever since they started business, but if they were not needed why do so many buy and install them and rave about how much better their trike steers? Yes they are very much needed. The road glide has plenty of clearance for on...see pcombe's post above, I sent him one along with his Champion conversion kit (also short like the Motor Trike kit) and he loves it.

Motor Trike has been telling their customers that ever since they started business, but if they were not needed why do so many buy and install them and rave about how much better their trike steers? Yes they are very much needed. The road glide has plenty of clearance for on...see pcombe's post above, I sent him one along with his Champion conversion kit (also short like the Motor Trike kit) and he loves it.

What I find funny is Motor Trike sells rake kits, IMO a rake kit makes life a whole lot easier when piling on the miles.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png