Harley Rake Kits

So is this a warranty killer?

I don't know which way the wind would blow the MoCo's skirts on this one. I would have to say if push came to shove and the district rep had a bad hair day they could void warranty coverage for adding non Harley Davidson mufflers, air cleaners, heck even a lift kit could void a suspension or frame warranty if they want to get pissy. We used to have a Harley rep in this area who would void a warranty for almost anything that wasn't Harley Davidson or wasn't installed by a Harley dealer.

Screw the warranty is what I have always said...If I break it and it fails warranty there are guys on this and other forums that can build it better than the MOCO gave it to me...
What is the rake on the 14s and up???
I think 4.5

Screw the warranty is what I have always said...If I break it and it fails warranty there are guys on this and other forums that can build it better than the MOCO gave it to me...
What is the rake on the 14s and up???
I think 4.5

The rake angle has not changed on the '14s and '15s. It is 26 degrees, the same as previous years. The fork tube diameter has been changed though, from 41mm / 43mm to 49mm.

Can you recommend any certain degree for my rg (4 - 6 ?) or is more the better?

The recommended rake depends on the make and model of the bike/trike. The Harley Road Glide is best optimized by fitting it with a +5 degree rake for a total rake of 9 degrees. Have sold hundreds of these and they work very well.

Thanks for the info Zook. Any idea, at least ballpark, of the cost of the kit including install?

I sell them for $796 with free shipping. The cost to have them installed will depend on who does the install. You can do it yourself or hire it done.

Question for rake trees

I am looking for something different but practical. I was looking at Hannigan's new 180 raked tree for the Goldwing and at Native Custom Baggers 180/200 FLH front end. My question is "does anyone know of a Harley FLH 180/200 triple tree out there with a rake?"
i have sent a request to Native Custom, but thought Bazooka or some else might have heard of this item. 4.5 is ok, but prefer 6 degree rake.
Thanks

Fork Extension

Zook,
When you talk about your rake kits you mention fork extensions being included. What is their purpose in conjunction with the other rake components and how long are they? not too long I assume.

Zook,
When you talk about your rake kits you mention fork extensions being included. What is their purpose in conjunction with the other rake components and how long are they? not too long I assume.

When the front end is raked out, naturally the front of the trike would sit lower if not for fork extensions. The fork extensions are built from round billet stainless steel, machined to the exact same diameter as the fork tubes. They replace the stock fork caps and are threaded to screw into the top of the fork tubes. They are typically 1" to 1 1/4" long depending on the particular Harley they are going on. With the extensions in place the trike maintains the stock ride height.

Fork Extension

When the front end is raked out, naturally the front of the trike would sit lower if not for fork extensions. The fork extensions are built from round billet stainless steel machined to the exact same diameter as the fork tubes. They replace the stock fork caps and are threaded to screw into the top of the fork tubes. They are typically 1" to 1 1/4" long depending on the particular Harley they are going on. With the extensions in place the trike maintains the stock ride height.

So what length is best for an Ultra Classic?

Just wanted to post that I finally installed my rake kit this week I purchased from you. I took my time and had the front end re-assembled by the end of the day.

Granted I didnt have to remove a whole fairing assembly but I did work from a wheel chair doing it :)

Thanks again Randy

A man and machine after my own heart!

I would like to see more photos of your trike.

DSCF3231 (600 x 448).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I just installed trees I got from Bazooka, on a 1995 FLHTP with the anti dive set up.

If you want to keep the anti dive set up, you have to make some pieces to make it work on the older bikes. I also had to modify the spacer on the top of the switch, and put a 1/16" shim under the switch. If you want to install the Harley steering stabilizer, it also requires you to make some pieces to make it work. I now love my trike, it rides like it's on a rail. My buddy installed the same kit on his 2003 FLHTCU, and had no problems, bolted right on, and he says he doesn't need the stablizer. I have photos if you need them. Rainmaker

I wouldn't mind seeing details of your steering stabilizer.
I also made one off parts to keep the anti dive system.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the slow response to the rake install to my tri glide. The project has been further extended due to more floods here in northern Ohio. The Park has been quite busy and with the Holidays now upon us, my time in the shop has been really slim. I am not a commercial installer just a handy old hot rodder with a good mechanical aptitude to work on most anything.

So far, the removal of the Harley tree was quite a job due to the harnesses and all the brackets and fairing.

Once the tree was out then working on installing the kit tree was trying. Probably the hardest part was installing the tube extensions. Removing the Harley tube plugs was pretty straight forward and easy, spring loaded, so be careful here. Next installing the tube extensions with spring tension was the hard part. I had to think about it and then made a tool similar to a valve spring tool used to work on engine heads.

This tool was used in conjugation to my bench vise. The vise holds the leg tube, and the tool pushes down the tube extension while threading it into the tube down spring tension. A chore but I did it. Fork legs are installed now and will work on it as more time comes soon.

Later,
Bill:(

I can sure understand the chore of installing the tube extensions. I put the nut and extension into the vise and pushed down on and threaded the fork tube to the extension.

I have managed with help to install without a device but it's a bit of a bugger.

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a DEAL for TrikeTalk.com members: Rake kits for all FLH models (Ultra, Electra Glide, Road Glide, Road King) and all Soft Tail Heritage or Fat Boy Tripple Trees regular price is $995 but we will discount to all TrikeTalk.com members to $695. These are 100% USA Made, machined billet aluminum 6061 alloy with new tapered bearings, races and free fork tube extensions and come with one year factory warranty. You may purchase via secure PayPal or Credit Card payment on the "Rakes By Zook" ad on the lower right hand side of this page.

By the way zook I have never heard how the raked tree I sent you worked out?
have you used it?

I solved the difficult installation of the extensions by using two woodworking bar clamps -- the ones with rubber pads on the clamping parts and ratcheting handles. I took one and clamped it to the body of the slider to keep it from collapsing inside the tube. Then, the other one was used from top to bottom to compress the spring with extension on top. The top of the extension has a plug in it, which I left loose enough to spin as the extension was wrenched into the tube. The loose plug kept the extension from walking off the pad as it was screwed in.

I was as wits end trying to horse the things together, was panting like a dog, and had just a few outbursts of colorful language until my mind was opened, so to speak.

Fork Extension

In an effort to do it myself and save some money I bought a rake kit that did not include the fork extensions. So can someone help me with getting the proper length extensions for my 2007 Harley Ultra Classic?
So what length is best for an Ultra Classic?

When the front end is raked out, naturally the front of the trike would sit lower if not for fork extensions. The fork extensions are built from round billet stainless steel, machined to the exact same diameter as the fork tubes. They replace the stock fork caps and are threaded to screw into the top of the fork tubes. They are typically 1" to 1 1/4" long depending on the particular Harley they are going on. With the extensions in place the trike maintains the stock ride height.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png