RFI in CB and satellite radio

Jul 5, 2019
Evanston, IL USA
I have had my 2007 GL 1800 CSC trike conversion for a couple of months. Since I have been using it, I have very bad RF interference in my CB. When it is in the receive mode, the RX symbol is constantly on my NAVI screen and there is a strong, consistent, rushing noise in my earphones. I can receive transmissions from other riders, but the noise does not go away when I do and I have to turn the volume way up to hear what they are saying. The noise disappears when I transmit. I am also noticing a strong engine whine noise in my satellite radio that changes with acceleration. AM and FM seem fine.

I have had this bike since it was new and never had these problems before the conversion. I find it hard to believe there is a connection between the two, but I am wondering if my antenna wiring was disturbed during the conversion work or something generating an RF signal is now part of the electrics in the conversion kit. Help anyone?

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

If you are using the aux input cord to drive the Satellite radio, this is common. That line picks up lots of alternator noise.

J&M Makes a unit that plugs into the cd connection on your radio that allows you to use the cd input ... very kewl and crystal clear.

JMDM-GL18E-L 179.99 J&M.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png