Paint chip protection

Anybody doing this clear film, I highly recommend doubling the bottom 8" or more on the front of the fenders. The paint shop that repainted my left fender twice suggested that. I also know that anything less then 12" wide is not enough. My first trike was an 11. I bought a kit & installed it. The kit was aprox. 8" x 24" it was easy to install, but only because it did not cover the radius on the fender. I had a few chips just outside the coverage area. Once I had it repainted I paid an installer to do what I suggested above. Aprox. 200-250 Well worth it to me. I have had 3 trikes & I did all of them that way & have not had any more chips. I'm getting a new 20 the first of spring & that will be one of the first things I have done.

You can get different thicknesses. So you don't have to layer.

I'm kinda just hoping that the fact that I wax my bike all the time, [every rainy day] that with amounts of wax, that I have on it will stop any road chips... :mad: Yea I know "I'm dreaming"

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png