Need some info

Sep 3, 2012
Magnolia, Ms USA
Looking at a 2003 Goldwing trike with a Roadsmith trike kit. I need to put it on a trailer. I have a 6x10 open trailer and wondering if it will fit on it? Any help appreciated.<br>thanks, David

Looking at a 2003 Goldwing trike with a Roadsmith trike kit. I need to put it on a trailer. I have a 6x10 open trailer and wondering if it will fit on it? Any help appreciated.<br>thanks, David

I had an 08 Wing with a champion conversion. In order to get it on my trailer, I needed to add 6" to the front. It's my understanding the Roadsmith is one of the longer and wider trikes. Measure lots ... I really think it will be tight if it fits at all.

The RS GL1800 width is 56" and length is 116" (9' 6") so yes it will fit. If it has the rear nerf bumper it will be a real snug fit.

The RS GL1800 width is 56" and length is 116" (9' 6") so yes it will fit. If it has the rear nerf bumper it will be a real snug fit.

Thanks for the info. Got one more question for you. I don't know if it has a rake kit or not. This is the older kit with the side opening door on it. What would be a recommended rake kit to install if it doesn't have one? I know you sell them and would know more what is needed.

Thanks, David

Last year when I had my 2010 Goldwing trike built, I had to admit that I never had ridden a trike ever before.............So when I was going over the prices with my builder, my question was to him DO I REALLY NEED A NEW FRONT END?????????

Well his answer to me was quote: 80% of folks that didn't have the rake 5.5% added came back and wanted it............and 0% of folks that had it installed came back and wanted it changed back to stock.............So YES I ordered mine with the 5.5% rake..........BUT still to be truthful, I have yet to ride one w/o the rake kit installed so I still really have no idea what the difference is................:blush::blush:

BUT just yesterday (i'm serious here) I was talking to an old friend on the phone that I used to work with over 30 yrs ago (I have not seen him since) and he claimed to ride a tri Glide and said that it was hard for him to steer his bike and after every ride his shoulders were hurting..(again, I have no idea of his physical condition/I haven't seen him in 30 years) BUT I thought, WOW I can ride all day w/o hurting problems, or bad shoulders, so I considered myself glad that I did go with the power steering kit added.....and of course I have not seen his bike so I also have NO idea of the condition of his bike either...

Ronnie

Triglide steering

To me it’s not power steering , but not intolerant either. Keeping your upper bod in some kind of shape definitely helps. Us old folks , after retirement , tend to soften up a bit , after the activity slow down. Fortunately I have the accessibility of gym equipment at my firehouse. When I feel as if the Advil is no longer needed I hit the arm and shoulder machine. It also keeps the energy up a bit :clapping: After retiring from the HVAC biz, I did notice I was turning to mush! Don’t like that feeling. As desk jockeys heaviest objects were coffee cups . Never knew met a lightweight desk jock.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suebullmc

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suebullmc
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png