Lower faring container

Its the overflow/return tank for the radiators , When you fill it make sure you use the right antifreeze, That bottle looks awful clean....Is it a new Trike...And if so bring it back to the dealer...

Its the overflow/return tank for the radiators , When you fill it make sure you use the right antifreeze, That bottle looks awful clean....Is it a new Trike...And if so bring it back to the dealer...

Thanks, no it's a 2016 bike, bought it used last year, have only put 1k miles on it

Yep it is your coolant reservoir. Should be full to the line on it. Might want to get it checked out - see your owners manual or service manual.

Thank you, got the bike used, not sure it came with either om or sm, but it sounds like something important , so worth looking in to

Looking at your profile Tom, you state your engine is a 117 SE, what I don't know is if the 117 is even water cooled if it was an upgrade from stock. My suggestion is to find out fairly soon about it.

2016 tri is a 103 engine & water cooled. Nice to have a 117 but not sure if water cooled. Are you sure it is 117 ?

Thanks for your question , when I bought the bike I got paperwork showing the bike originally having the 103 engine with water cooled heads, the original owner had HD install

the Screaming Eagle stage 3 kit with the larger components to supposebly bring it to a

117 ci engine, what confuses me is there is a see-thru container mounted on the frame in front of the gas tank that I thought was the coolant reservoir ,

2016 tri is a 103 engine & water cooled. Nice to have a 117 but not sure if water cooled. Are you sure it is 117 ?

Thanks for your question , when I bought the bike I got paperwork showing the bike originally having the 103 engine with water cooled heads, the original owner had HD install

the Screaming Eagle stage 3 kit with the larger components to supposebly bring it to a

117 ci engine, what confuses me is there is a see-thru container mounted on the frame in front of the gas tank that I thought was the coolant reservoir ,

This is the other container

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 201
That container is for brake fluid.....

I just did a search.

Harley's new Screamin’ Eagle Stage III 103 Performance Upgrade Kit (P/N 92500028, $969.95) may give your bagger that extra grunt for smoother running uphill. This street-legal, Stage III kit gives 2014-later Harley-Davidson Touring models with an Original Equipment Twin Cam 103 engine a boost in everyday performance while maintaining the factory warranty. Designed for use with stock cylinder heads, this street-performance kit produces big torque gains at lower RPM, with the potential to produce 88 horsepower and 100 lb-ft of torque.

The Stage III kit includes high-compression 10.5:1 pistons, big torque SE-585 cams, Perfect Fit pushrods, a high-performance diaphragm clutch spring, high-lift valve springs and gaskets. It does not fit Trike or Twin-Cooled models, and installation requires the separate purchase of primary cover gasket. All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately). See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for details. Labor cost not included.

NOTICE IN THE info "It does not fit Trike or Twin-Cooled models"

I think you need to have a dealer tell you WHAT you have.[h=3][/h]

That container is for brake fluid.....

I just did a search.

Harley's new Screamin’ Eagle Stage III 103 Performance Upgrade Kit (P/N 92500028, $969.95) may give your bagger that extra grunt for smoother running uphill. This street-legal, Stage III kit gives 2014-later Harley-Davidson Touring models with an Original Equipment Twin Cam 103 engine a boost in everyday performance while maintaining the factory warranty. Designed for use with stock cylinder heads, this street-performance kit produces big torque gains at lower RPM, with the potential to produce 88 horsepower and 100 lb-ft of torque.

The Stage III kit includes high-compression 10.5:1 pistons, big torque SE-585 cams, Perfect Fit pushrods, a high-performance diaphragm clutch spring, high-lift valve springs and gaskets. It does not fit Trike or Twin-Cooled models, and installation requires the separate purchase of primary cover gasket. All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately). See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for details. Labor cost not included.

NOTICE IN THE info "It does not fit Trike or Twin-Cooled models"

I think you need to have a dealer tell you WHAT you have.

First, let me thank you for educating me about my bike, now, I went back to my paperwork

and I need to revise my previous info, it shows a part no 92500018 described as a stage 4

race kit for the 103 CI engine

First, let me thank you for educating me about my bike, now, I went back to my paperwork

and I need to revise my previous info, it shows a part no 92500018 described as a stage 4

race kit for the 103 CI engine

So all this being said ,you have a 103, which is water cooled & you need some coolant in that tank. A bottle is around $12. fill to the line (a little hard to see) line is around half way up. Fill by pulling out the rubber plug. Run a bit & check again. You may need to do a few times as Dealer told me getting all the air out of this system can be hard. Best of luck Still think you should go to a dealer to find what you have ..I can't find that part #

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png