2005 Yamaha Vstar 650 w/TowPac Insta Trike Advantage Kit

Jul 24, 2019
Dewey,AZ
Hello all, just got a Tow Pac Kit installed on my 2005 Yamaha VStar 650 and must say it handles horribly. Front end wobbles hard to steer after going very slow over a bump and forget about riding over any small gravel areas, hangs up in the trike wheels and gets stuck under the fenders. Don't know if I am on the right forum, newbie here. Feel like I have to "man handle" it now. Didn't feel like this before the kit ad on? Thought I would feel more stable not sure now and added another 175 lbs of weight, hard to push it back with my 110 lbs weight. Ugh!

Hi Sara! Just wanted to welcome you to TrikeTalk.

I agree that Papa Zook (Randy) might be able to help with the issues. He is in the trike building business. He owns Cut-N-Shoot Customs. Phone: 346-800-7946

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania sorry I don't have a answer however I feel sure someone here can help hang in there your in the right place to get the assistance you need. Travel safe Fred/Jeanne

:wave4:Hi Sara, Welcome From Montana. I'm not familiar with the Tow Pac, but I have a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 with a Voyager MTC, and I have not had a single problem. In addition to Randy, check with the Tow Pac owners in the Outrigger Section - Somebody is bound to be able to help. Good Luck!!

Sara welcome aboard. your post here for now is fine. we will move it later to the correct place. 2 quick issues you need what is called a rake kit to help with that steering. the kit adds rake to the front forks which makes it steer easier. this is a common requirement for tow packs and trike conversions in general. second i'm no expert in tow packs but it sounds like your needs adjusting. if you paid someone to install it take it back for adjustment. good luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png