Likes Likes:  10
Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Rear Tire replacement

  1. #1
    60+ Posts ProudTexson's Avatar
    User ID
    12155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Big Spring Texas
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Rear Tire replacement

    i need to Replace rear tires on my Suzuki C50 Lehman Tramp. It has 205 60 15 Dunlop on it now. Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement tire. I am something that would have good traction wet and dry. Good handling and comfort. Thanks for any help you can give.

  2. #2
    Senior Moderator
    Gold Club Member
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    Gorilla's Avatar
    User ID
    976
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Key Largo. Fl,. USA
    Posts
    14,411
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudTexson View Post
    i need to Replace rear tires on my Suzuki C50 Lehman Tramp. It has 205 60 15 Dunlop on it now. Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement tire. I am something that would have good traction wet and dry. Good handling and comfort. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Dave forum search rear tires this has been discussed several times.
    Stallion #406 // 2013 Tri-Glide

  3. #3
    60+ Posts ProudTexson's Avatar
    User ID
    12155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Big Spring Texas
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Dave forum search rear tires this has been discussed several times.
    Thank You for the reply. I have done that. I haven't found anything on tire brand or peticuler tire. I have found about sizes and such. But I will keep looking. My tires still have plenty of wear left. 2008 Suzuki Tramp are starting to show cracking at bead.Thats not good in this West Texas heat. Would like to put something good instead of the Dunlop thats on it. Thank you again. The Proudtexson

  4. #4
    13500+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Dave, have a look at Good Year Comfort Treads Very good wet handling tire

    If you have Discount Tire Shops give them a price check

    A T rated tire would be fine for a Trike
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 2021 FREEWHEELER M8

  5. #5
    60+ Posts ProudTexson's Avatar
    User ID
    12155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Big Spring Texas
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    Dave, have a look at Good Year Comfort Treads Very good wet handling tire

    If you have Discount Tire Shops give them a price check

    A T rated tire would be fine for a Trike
    Thank you. Been looking at DT.. Thats where I buy most of my auto tires.

  6. #6
    Senior Moderator
    Gold Club Member
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    Gorilla's Avatar
    User ID
    976
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Key Largo. Fl,. USA
    Posts
    14,411
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudTexson View Post
    Thank You for the reply. I have done that. I haven't found anything on tire brand or peticuler tire. I have found about sizes and such. But I will keep looking. My tires still have plenty of wear left. 2008 Suzuki Tramp are starting to show cracking at bead.Thats not good in this West Texas heat. Would like to put something good instead of the Dunlop thats on it. Thank you again. The Proudtexson
    dave i typed in trike rear tires in the forum search engine and got over 60 responses. i looked at several and besides the aforementioned goodyears there are several other suggestions. select the forums tab then type trike rear tires in the advanced search window on the right side of the page. good luck there is alot of information available there
    Stallion #406 // 2013 Tri-Glide

  7. #7
    60+ Posts ProudTexson's Avatar
    User ID
    12155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Big Spring Texas
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    dave i typed in trike rear tires in the forum search engine and got over 60 responses. i looked at several and besides the aforementioned goodyears there are several other suggestions. select the forums tab then type trike rear tires in the advanced search window on the right side of the page. good luck there is alot of information available there
    Thank You I found all you pointed out. Got it figured to Good Year or Cooper. I use Discount Tire.I will see what they can get for me. Thanks again for the Help. I wasn't searching correctly. Dave

  8. #8
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Lee H. Mann's Avatar
    User ID
    4486
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    5,549
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudTexson View Post
    Thank You I found all you pointed out. Got it figured to Good Year or Cooper. I use Discount Tire.I will see what they can get for me. Thanks again for the Help. I wasn't searching correctly. Dave
    Dave, you might consider a 205/70/15 instead. The 70 series tire is about 3/4" larger in diameter but has a bigger shoulder and offers a more cushioned and smoother ride when running 20psi. Your speedo runs from the front wheel so no error there.
    Jim Murphy
    EX-Lehman & Champion Dealer Owner Operator
    Iron Butt Rider 2001

    WHEN HELP IS OFFERED, A SIMPLE "THANK YOU" IS APPRECIATED.

  9. #9
    60+ Posts ProudTexson's Avatar
    User ID
    12155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Big Spring Texas
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee H. Mann View Post
    Dave, you might consider a 205/70/15 instead. The 70 series tire is about 3/4" larger in diameter but has a bigger shoulder and offers a more cushioned and smoother ride when running 20psi. Your speedo runs from the front wheel so no error there.
    There you go again giving good advice. I like cushion and smooth. This old 79 year old body needs all the help it can get. There isnít an overpass in west Texas that doesnít have a bump getting on it.

    Thank you I will do that.

  10. #10
    60+ Posts ProudTexson's Avatar
    User ID
    12155
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Big Spring Texas
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudTexson View Post
    There you go again giving good advice. I like cushion and smooth. This old 79 year old body needs all the help it can get. There isnít an overpass in west Texas that doesnít have a bump getting on it.

    Thank you I will do that.
    That would also lower my RPM at any given speed also would it not. Could result in a little better fuel mileage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Avon AV-71 Front Trike Tire - anyone using this tire???
    By dadztoy in forum Outrigger Style Trikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 02:31 PM
  2. tire size for rear tire on front? 2007 goldwing trike
    By extreme10 in forum Honda Trikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 10:38 PM
  3. Rear Tire Changing
    By firebreath in forum Honda Trikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
  4. Rear tire presure
    By Wayne Harmsen in forum Honda Trikes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •