Just another oldster switching to 3 wheels.

Hello all, always great to join a new forum. Like many on here I have decided after 50 years on 2 wheels it's time to move to three. Between the arthritis in my neck, bad knees, etc., I have just not being feeling 100% in control the last year or so. I don't have a trike yet but looking forward to the hunt. To stay in my budget will be looking at Goldwing Trikes 2000 model year or older. Any tips on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome aboard Ben. I would suggest you get a GW 1800 the newest you can afford. The 1500's are getting hard to find parts for in some cases. There are some good trike shops up that way. Search the forum there are some recommendations.

Hello and :welcome: to Trike Talk, glad to have U with us. :clapping:

Have you visited Trikes by design in Inverness, they may have one in your price range.

Hello Ben! Welcome to TrikeTalk! I hope you find the just-right trike soon. Be sure to try and drive different conversion models...don’t get in a hurry.

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Ben!:wave4:

Hello Ben

welcome to trike talk from east Texas, I am riding a 2000 1500se goldwing and love it, it has more room then a 1800. so far I have not had any problems getting part for my 1500 but just any shop will not work on it, some shops will not work on a goldwing older than 10 years old. I am lucky and have a shop that will work on any goldwing. after bragging on my 1500 if I had to buy another goldwing it would be a 1800 not that I think it is any better than a 1500, just because of age. I only have 100,000 miles on my 1500 so have many more miles to go before I have to think of getting another one ( I hope ) PS. if you just want to stay with a 1500 I would look for a 2000se the last 1500 made & ask for a maintenance records.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png