Second HD Boner for 2019 Model

Ok, I traded my '15 Freewheeler for a 2019 and like any rider I stripped the old bike to put on the new. The chrome reciever plate for passenger backrest uses different button head screws. I checked the catalog and it says the same on all Freewheelers (1/4-20x1"). My bike needs 12-24x1" WTF. That is about as common as a skinny harley guy. I had to go on line and find some stainless steel button heads that would work. Maybe I got a custom Freewheeler.

Ok, I traded my '15 Freewheeler for a 2019 and like any rider I stripped the old bike to put on the new. The chrome reciever plate for passenger backrest uses different button head screws. I checked the catalog and it says the same on all Freewheelers (1/4-20x1"). My bike needs 12-24x1" WTF. That is about as common as a skinny harley guy. I had to go on line and find some stainless steel button heads that would work. Maybe I got a custom Freewheeler.

Odd. When I put new ones on the wifes 15 FW I tossed her old ones on the bench. I replaced hers because they were rusty. Bought the FW used and I wanted the chrome drop in caps. When I bought the 19 I took her old ones and put them on. No issues. Went right in.

Odd. When I put new ones on the wifes 15 FW I tossed her old ones on the bench. I replaced hers because they were rusty. Bought the FW used and I wanted the chrome drop in caps. When I bought the 19 I took her old ones and put them on. No issues. Went right in.

Please tell me what and where you got the caps. I went to the dealership and was told there was no such thing for my 2015 FW.

Please tell me what and where you got the caps. I went to the dealership and was told there was no such thing for my 2015 FW.

Had to buy a complete passenger sissybar kit for it to get them chrome caps. Only way you get them is with the kit. They're not sold as a separate part. That's why I had the extra mounts to throw in my 19. I put all the new on hers.

Got some stainless steel from Fastener.com No shipping charge :) I did have to use some small stainless steel washers as new button heads were smaller than the originial 1/4" ones.

Had to buy a complete passenger sissybar kit for it to get them chrome caps. Only way you get them is with the kit. They're not sold as a separate part. That's why I had the extra mounts to throw in my 19. I put all the new on hers.

When I bought my sissy bar kit the chrome caps were not included, part #52300324. They were added when part #52300324A came out. I thought maybe they were now available to purchase separately.

Thanks

Back