How fast you go’n ? ? ?

Nov 16, 2018
San Angelo, TX, USA
Hello to all,

On to my latest add-on, a GPS speedometer, after adding remote indicator lights for gages to my “field of view” when wearing a full face helmet. I still had to keep looking down to the gas tank to see how fast I was going. :confused:

So I starting looking for a fix that is very easy to setup and use, I found my answer on FleeBay.

I ordered: Car Digital GPS Speedometer Head Up Display Overspeed MPH/KM Tired Warning Alarm

The setup is very easy, allowing choice of km or miles in large 35mm display almost an inch and a half. :clapping:

You can also show under the speedometer if you want (Single trip driving time, Trip mileage as well as Altitude).

As you can see in the photos I mounted mine on top of the Batwing fairing, for me it works perfect placed there.

The GPS speedometer takes less than a minute to find the satellites and displays the current speed. (Even if it’s zero).

The large display is very easy to see in bright daylight and also has an auto dimming feature built in as well for night time use. ThumbUp

The unit also has an Over Speed Warning and Fatigue driving Alarm but the buzzer is too low a volume to hear over the bike.

The GPS speedometer came with a mount and USB cable to power the display, not a bad deal for under $20.00 bucks.

GPS.jpg

David Hilton Ret. USN ETC/SS

In a word Yes

Yes, if you have some space it would fit.

I didn't use the included mount, I just used my wife's hot glue gun and stuck it where I wanted it and ran power to it.

On the Flea Bay site where I got it they show it on the handle bars of a bicycle! :banana-mac:

Interesting gadget you got there.would this fit on a Goldwing???

Ronnie

Kerrville, sounds like fun.

Sounds like a fun time, to bad it is scheduled during the week, I'm still work'n and won't be able to make the trip.

It's only a 2 1/2 hours away, just a little to much to go on Sunday there and back in one day, hope everyone going has a good time. :NoJoke:

Best of luck,

David Hilton Ret. ETC/SS :captain:

Well, David, since you have more gadgets than anyone around, I think you need to ride your trike down to Kerrville in September so we can see them. It would be nice to meet you and Pamela.

GPS Speedo

Hello FuzzyWuzHe,

We will have to wait and see how it hold up, the sun and heat can be brutal here :flame:, but then it cost less than $20.00 too.

Take care, maybe see you on the road someday.

I wonder how that will hold up in the Texas sun ... :Shrug: .... I know my phone won't hold up well.

I'm loving the LED strip below it. Gives me ideas for the blinkers... I do NOT like how low the idiot lights sit on my trike. How did you wire them (just the blinkers)?

Just the blinkers, aka turn signals!

Hello RedOregon,

Pull the gas tank to give you easier access for wire routing, then just tap into your front turn signal wires (going to the front mounted lights) would be the easiest way. ThumbUp

On mine I used a wiring diagram so that I could tap into the wires going to my tank mounted instrument cluster.

I posted how I did the whole mod. search for Remote display LED indications (Turn, F1, Fuel ect…)

I'm loving the LED strip below it. Gives me ideas for the blinkers... I do NOT like how low the idiot lights sit on my trike. How did you wire them (just the blinkers)?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png