Likes Likes:  1
Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Any good Honda mechanics in Massachusetts?

User ID

Default Any good Honda mechanics in Massachusetts?

I recently had a bad experience with the local Honda dealer. Completely mis-diagnosed my bike apparently because they didn't want to take the time to work on a 22 year old Goldwing. I ended up ordering a new trike to be built thinking mine needed thousands of dollars of work and Honda doesn't make parts for the GL1500 anymore. That's actually true for a lot of parts but I found they're all available through Amazon or Ebay. I ended up fixing the bike myself after doing some research and talking to a couple of people for advice. Cost me $50 and took a half an hour. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good mechanic within driving distance of Massachusetts. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

49000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Hey, Bryan .........Ronnie AKA burnerboy can probably tell you about one; That you Should Not go to......Maybe he'll see your post......
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

450+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by brianl View Post
    I recently had a bad experience with the local Honda dealer. Completely mis-diagnosed my bike apparently because they didn't want to take the time to work on a 22 year old Goldwing. I ended up ordering a new trike to be built thinking mine needed thousands of dollars of work and Honda doesn't make parts for the GL1500 anymore. That's actually true for a lot of parts but I found they're all available through Amazon or Ebay. I ended up fixing the bike myself after doing some research and talking to a couple of people for advice. Cost me $50 and took a half an hour. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good mechanic within driving distance of Massachusetts. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino 2 View Post
    Hey, Bryan .........Ronnie AKA burnerboy can probably tell you about one; That you Should Not go to......Maybe he'll see your post......
    Or have one of the mods pass a message to him for you!
    HOW CAN YOU HELP THE TRIKE TALK FORUM? Become a GOLD CLUB MEMBER!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

1250+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by rhino 2 View Post
    Keene New Hampshire -

He'll come on strong making you like him/BUT once it's built, he'll charge you/and charge you for just a question.....

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Burnerboy View Post
    Keene New Hampshire -

He'll come on strong making you like him/BUT once it's built, he'll charge you/and charge you for just a question.....
    I know exactly who you're talking about. He's not the one I'm talking about in my most recent experience but is one of the reasons I'm looking for a new mechanic.

1250+ Posts
    User ID

I just found a guy in Williamsburg Ma. He works out of his home garage, and so far I love his work...

look up Berkshire Cycles (google) in Williamburg MA..

I'm picking up my bike just this morning,

He's replacing air filter, clutch fluid, and a bad sensor for me...Price was very fair.....

Ronnie