Were you there? 50 Yr later

Got any good stories to tell?

Fifty years ago, more than 400,000 people descended on Bethel, New York, headed to a dairy farm owned by Max and Miriam Yasgur, where the Woodstock Music & Art Fair was being held. Planners had told the Yasgurs and town officials that they expected no more than 50,000 attendees, and were overwhelmed by the huge crowds.

Over three days, 32 acts performed onstage, including Joan Baez, Santana, the Grateful Dead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, Sly and the Family Stone, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, The Band, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and Jimi Hendrix.

Woodstock became a major cultural event, amplified by news coverage, a popular documentary film, and the music that became symbolic of an era.

yFpAqPU.jpg

pKYuFCR.jpg

fCj76qP.jpg

I was about 15 miles away at my club......And at the time i didn't want any part of the crowd .....Being out of Nam only about two years earlier .....I felt out of place with all the crazy goings on at the time....:Shrug:...

I was 16 ... Living in Cohassett, Mass. Friend/Neighbor was going and said I could go with him and his girlfriend ... I wsa in his van, hiding under some blankets ... and Dad caught me. Not my finest hour ... LOL ... but not my first A$$ whipping either ... :AGGHH:

I was on the USS VOGE DE-1047 riding around somewhere in the North Atlantic Ocean chasing a Russian Submarine.

Did ya catch it? One of my favorite cruises was to Kamchatka (Russian bay almost directly west from Alaska) ... the US Navy used to send ships there to mess with the Russians. My CO was a piece of work ... he reconfigured the deck running lights, turn off all the radars and shut down one main engine. He put us in the shipping lanes and followed a storm up to there from Hawaii. When we got close he fired up all the radars and the second screw ... should of seen the Russians scramble (satellite images). All of a sudden there where new heat plumes on all their ships there.

The Russians claimed the whole bay, international law says only 12 miles from land is their's ... pretty good times, dangerous, but, when you are young, fun.

I was 16 and didn’t understand what it was all about - didn’t pay any attention to the news. My head was wrapped around everything “horses” at the time.

YES! I was there (19yrs old at time)

I lost my father's VW 1966 bug.... because of the traffic jams , they just started towing cars, that was the last time that I ever saw it again... It's probably all rott'ed out under a pile of other towed vehicles..from 50 yrs ago..:blush::blush:

I had very pissed off parent's that August (1969) fifty years ago... They made me pay them $500.00 for the car....(it was hard when i was making only $1.40 an hour at the time, working at A&W rootbeer...) :(:(

Aaaaaaaaaaaa wonderful memories though (I "think" I had a good time :confused::confused:) maybe I had some of that "bad acid" that was being distributed around!! :xszpv::xszpv:

Ronnie

So if any of you folks, that happens to live near Bethel NY happens to see a black 1966 VW bug hanging around, it just may be my parents old car....:clapping:

Being a local , we knew the back roads. Found a side street and just parked. Car was still there the next day, along with a zillion others. Only stayed overnight , that was enough for me and a buddy.

BTW Ron, your dads bug has a locust tree growing from the engine compartment on Weatherby St.

Being a local , we knew the back roads. Found a side street and just parked. Car was still there the next day, along with a zillion others. Only stayed overnight , that was enough for me and a buddy.

BTW Ron, your dads bug has a locust tree growing from the engine compartment on Weatherby St.

OMG! please take a picture of it...if you happen to ride by....:D......You'd make me the happiest man in the world, if I could see a pic again........:clapping:

Ronnie

OMG! Thank you,

wouldn't this be funny if it was indeed Daddie's VWagon :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thank you for sending me this picture (you just made my day) Is this picture really taking in Bethel NY

Ronnie

Naaah , just messin with ya. Found it on the interweb.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png