2019 Tri glide radio issues

El Lobo

30+ Posts
Hello my fellow trikers

Just wondering if anybody out there has had or is having radio issues. On my 2019 Tri glide the radio will start searching for radio stations all of a sudden, I will have the radio set to one of my pre set stations and the radio will start searching for radio stations all of a sudden; in addition the Tuner/media screen will come on and the front/ rear adjustments start changing by them self, this has happened five already. Any INFO is greatly appreciated.

AS ALWAYS

EL LOBE

Same here. If I was hooked up to my iPhone 6 it would restart the song or skip or show the tuning bar. Turned out to be heat. Switched to a thumbdrive and it's good most of the time. Sometimes it does it when it's hot and I just open up the compartment to let it cool a bit.

At any rate it's a problem. Someone suggested getting the radio upgraded.

Same here. If I was hooked up to my iPhone 6 it would restart the song or skip or show the tuning bar. Turned out to be heat. Switched to a thumbdrive and it's good most of the time. Sometimes it does it when it's hot and I just open up the compartment to let it cool a bit.

At any rate it's a problem. Someone suggested getting the radio upgraded.

With my 17 Tri i never used the radio, Just the thumb drive....And when it got real hot in the compartment the thumb drive would quit.....I had almost the same problem with my Slingshot , One day when it was about 100 degrees and i was parked in the Sun [Dash temps read 104]...The screen on the radio would read.....No device connected , When i got home i put the thumb drive in my freezer for about a minute....Plugged it back in and it worked perfect...ThumbUp...

I haven't had any of those issues with my radio on a pre-set channel yet. When I do have music playing it is probably 20% radio, 50% bluetooth/phone, 30% thumb drive. The quality of the sound is best through my phone.

I am having the same radio issues as well on my 19 Triguide. I called my dealer and he told me it was an easy fix, just a setting in the radio. He said it was automatically hunting for a stronger station and changing a setting would stop that. But I don't believe that is the case, plug it would also switch to the audio controls too. I will bring it in a few weeks and see. Hopefully it is an easy fix, as we have a big road trip planned.

RShomo

Well took the Tri guide to dealer yesterday and it was two radio updates behind. Hadn’t been updated since I bought it. service manager updated the radio and so far all is good.

2014 Tri glide radio ?

Is there a way to turn down the brightness of the radio screen at night ?

I've noticed it before while driving at night and now its starting to bother me a little more.

" OR " Can you shut off the radio while riding ??

Thanks Rick:D

2014 Tri Glide Radio

Is there a way to turn down the brightness of the radio screen at night ?

I've noticed it before while driving at night and now its starting to bother me a little more.

" OR " Can you shut off the radio while riding ??

Thanks Rick:D

There's an Automatic Dimming Feature you can select in setup. It allows the screen to turn to "night mode" when it senses the dark and change back to "day mode" during the day. If you're still having problems, then check to see if you have latest software update.

You can also turn the unit off by pressing and holding the Mute Button, then the power off message counts down.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png