Towing the Stallion

Hi, is it possible to back the stallion onto a tow dolly and just letting the front tire be down on the road pulling it backwards with the steering column locked? My tow vehicle is only rated to tow 3500 lbs so if I buy a trailer and put the stallion on it I will really be pushing my limits for my vehicle capacity. If it is possible I know I will have to put a cover over the stallion to protect the windshield from grabbing to much air and being blown out.

Thanks, Greg

Hi, is it possible to back the stallion onto a tow dolly and just letting the front tire be down on the road pulling it backwards with the steering column locked? My tow vehicle is only rated to tow 3500 lbs so if I buy a trailer and put the stallion on it I will really be pushing my limits for my vehicle capacity. If it is possible I know I will have to put a cover over the stallion to protect the windshield from grabbing to much air and being blown out.

Thanks, Greg

First what does the Stallion weigh and what does an aluminum trailer that the Stallion will fit in weigh.?....Seems like the 3500 limit is doable....:Shrug:...

Towing backwards in my opinion is not a good idea....

First what does the Stallion weigh and what does an aluminum trailer that the Stallion will fit in weigh.?....Seems like the 3500 limit is doable....:Shrug:...

Towing backwards in my opinion is not a good idea....

Thanks for opening my eyes, a good aluminum motorcycle trailer only weighs around 5 to 600 lbs so I will look into that. The tow dolly's weight about that much.

I had an alumna TK 1 and was a perfect fit! And it only weights 575 lbs. You use a tow dolly to tow the Stallion backwards and you probably won't have a windshield for long. Just my thoughts and remember that TMS does not have any windshields to sell you. Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png