Future Trike Owner

Feb 2, 2011
Hinckley, Oh
My son told us about this forum. I plan to be a trike owner in the near future. My husband will probably trike the bike once we find it. We have been looking at Honda, Suzuki, or Yamaha and want something smaller than a Goldwing. I am looking for a lot of information from this forum. Thanks in advance!

Welcome! Glad you listened to your son - we have a whole bunch of folks who have gone through the trike it once you find it conversion, and who will answer any/all questions you may have during the process. Ask away! Enjoy, and be sure to post some pictures along the way!

Thank you. I looked through some that were for sale, and found a few that are just what I am thinking about, at good prices. Maybe we will end up purchasing a trike instead of bike and conversion kit. So much to learn. I can ride, so that helps.

you can go as low as a 750 or 800. Don't forget the size of the bike once it is triked is not an issue anymore. No weight . It wheels around like a shopping cart.( u don't have to balance it) . Little people are handling big bikes. JUJU, NANA and my friend Maryann is driving a 1800 Goldwing . She never drove a motorcycle in her life .

my son told us about this forum. I plan to be a trike owner in the near future. My husband will probably trike the bike once we find it. We have been looking at honda, suzuki, or yamaha and want something smaller than a goldwing. I am looking for a lot of information from this forum. Thanks in advance!

welcome aboard. I think your first step is to decide what brand bike you want then go from there. If you will be riding 2 up you don't want to go to small. If just one rider then you have more options.

Make sure you are getting one that will carry two people and have enough room.. I have a buddy that has a 800 trike he rides two up all the time and complains like a old women all the time about being underpowered and having to shift all the time... He is looking for one now to trade his trike on...Good luck !!! Ride on, Jer

I am in the process of selling my goldwing trike (will be sold Saturday on ebay, having all ready reached my reserve), and planning on having either a VTX or Yamaha Roadstar by this spring. Due to knee problems, I just did not like the way the Goldwing made me sit, and really love the two bangers.

Other than the power need or desire, I haven't seen a trike I didn't like. The wing is a great machine, but since I am interested in 2 or 3 day trips, the comfort of my knees is really important.

Good Luck and you always recognize a triker, because he is still smiling three days after the trip.

Thank you all for your welcome and nice comments. My husband will be picking up my new 750 Honda Trike on Saturday. I am purchasing it from the classified section on this forum. It is absolutely beautiful, and the current owner and his wife have been great. Now if the snow will end, and the sun starts to shine...I'll be all set. Thanks again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png