Best seat upgrade for 2018 TriGlide?

Larry, first of all, welcome. You'll find this forum a wealth of information and friendship.

There are several threads about saddles. You can search to find them. As for my personal preference we went with a heated Mustang touring saddle and really like it. I've had several CVOs over the years that came with the heated Harley Hammock saddle. My local dealer had a demo Hammock saddle which I installed and tried. Really didn't think it was much of an improvement and would have to remove the passenger hand holds which we didn't want to do.

Had a Mustang years ago on my 1999 Ultra and liked it so we decided on that and are very happy with our choice. Also looked at Saddlemen as they have good reviews but they did not have a model at that time (early 2018) that would fit without leaving a very noticeable gap on the side. They may have corrected that. Never sat on a Saddlemen but as I said many folks like them.

Also another possibility is the Harley Road Zeppelin saddle. Lots of folks swear by it but the inflatable bladders and air pump can fail over time.

Harley has demo seats to try, some are happy with the harley seats whichever they pick, I think most have the mustang seat which is a good seat , you have to try the demo seats and go from there.

All for now Trampas

I have the Harley Road Zeppelin on my 2014 Tri Glide. The key is having a seat you can adjust after 100 to 200 miles of continuous riding. Most any seat is comfortable for one to two hours; however, being able to adjust the seat to different pressure points make the Road Zeppelin #1 in my book.

Harley Davidson Road Zeppelin

Harley Davidson Road Zeppelin is my current seat,the best in my opinion. Second would be the Harley Davidson Sundowner, I used it for along time. A seat that keeps the wife happy gets A++

Check Ebay. Cross reference model numbers to make sure it will fit. Many riders take their aftermarket seat off, and put the original on bike before selling their bike. The Road Zeppelin has a compressor to air up the seat, two switches for rider, one for passenger. I did 850 miles straight on Road Zeppelin only stopping for gas.

Go to the HD website and check the reviews

Last edited:
Boy seats are another hot topic. Along with Tires and primary migration

Everybody has different seating requirements.

I couldn't take the road zeppelin seat more than a hour at a time.

There Ultimate seats,Russel Day long, just to name a few that have high ratings

A guy I just went on a 2,500 mile trip with bought a Wild Ass seat cushion with gel & its air adjusted.

He loves it. There is also an Airhawk brand that gets great reviews.

"beadrider.com" I used a bead rider on a touring bike a few years ago. Worked well for me, but I didn't take an all day trip.

I bought a black wooden beaded car seat for less than $15. Cut it down to fit my FW seat, used fishing line to finish it. It works great, the best part is the air flow under my rear end on hot Texas days. Works great when the seat is wet so I am not sitting on a wet seat. I put it in the trunk when it ceases to be amusing.

Hello Larry

I had the same problem with a goldwing seat, use the air, sheepskin they helped but did not fix the problem. I got a ( Tom Simons) seat and problem has be corrected I have had it for 6 or 7 years, good seat

IMG_0830.JPGDon't know why nobody has mentioned a Corbin. I am very pleased with the one on my 2017 TriGlide.

Best HD saddle - CVO

The best Harley factory saddle is their CVO. Lots of lateral support to keep you planted in turns. Corbins has a variety of saddles if wanting to go aftermarket. Use a CVO on my Trike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png