first long trip planning help

Tom makes some really good points to consider about using State routes and U.S. routes rather than interstates.

I have pretty much finalized my route for an Illinois to Denver summer trip and it is about 90% two lane roads. About the only time we will be on interstates is to get around large metro areas.

Be sure you notify your credit card company of your travel plans. I did last year, but still had issues because I didn't include Idaho on the list of states that I planned to travel through.

I read the previous posts, didn't see anything about a National Park pass which I highly recommend.

Have fun on your upcoming trip.

Be sure you notify your credit card company of your travel plans. I did last year, but still had issues because I didn't include Idaho on the list of states that I planned to travel through.

I read the previous posts, didn't see anything about a National Park pass which I highly recommend.

Have fun on your upcoming trip.

Two really good pieces of advice!

We notify our card company, but they still verify with us regularly via text. I'm just glad they stay on top of things, rather than letting possibly fraudulent charges go thru. When are cards were stolen in Mexico, not a single charge was let thru. :)

Yes, on the National Park pass. We used to get one every year, and it was worth it. Now I have a Lifetime "America the Beautiful" Pass. If you can get a Lifetime, saves a lot if you plan on going to many National Parks. ( I think disabled Vet is just one of the options on getting a Lifetime Pass for only $20)

Kevin

Thanks all for the inputs. One more question is the Going To The Sun Road open by mid Jun? I want to be in Olympia WA by the 20th for an air show and and cant hang around waiting for snow to melt.

we were up that way last year & the road just opened mid June. Glacier.Nat Park. If going to Wa, consider US 2 all they way back to Marquette. takes ya across Glacier. But it also goes around the base. We do our best to stay off interstates. Have a trip planned this year which we will be doing 2 back to Mi & then across that funky bridge back to Ohio. Going out Rt 66 to Oatman,Az & then up to Wa. Best of luck. Also what Lady posted we were with her last year & forgot to call our CC co. also. :gah: Keep in touch & we may see ya out there

we were up that way last year & the road just opened mid June. Glacier.Nat Park. If going to Wa, consider US 2 all they way back to Marquette. takes ya across Glacier. But it also goes around the base. We do our best to stay off interstates. Have a trip planned this year which we will be doing 2 back to Mi & then across that funky bridge back to Ohio. Going out Rt 66 to Oatman,Az & then up to Wa. Best of luck. Also what Lady posted we were with her last year & forgot to call our CC co. also. :gah: Keep in touch & we may see ya out there

will be coming home the southern route, NV, Utah, CO. I can always do Glacier next year.

Planning to visit AF museum at Wright Pat

Thanks all for the inputs. One more question is the Going To The Sun Road open by mid Jun? I want to be in Olympia WA by the 20th for an air show and and cant hang around waiting for snow to melt.

Depends on the weather. Keep checking the website link I posted for updates and projected opening dates. If you're going that general direction, keep the route open as an option that early in the year. We used to go up to SW Alberta mid July every year for a bunch of years to visit the mother in law. We had to wait 4 years before the pass was open in July so we could go over it. One year the road never opened due to avalanche damage (completely took out 1/4 mile of the road). Definitely a bucket list item! Really puts your importance in the Universe in perspective. :xzqxz:

will be coming home the southern route, NV, Utah, CO. I can always do Glacier next year.

Planning to visit AF museum at Wright Pat

Don't make the same mistake I did. I didn't allow myself 2 full days to visit the museum. I had reservations in Branson so I got in my Cheetah and took off. I plan to ride there someday and maybe spend 3 full days to make up for lost time.

Don't make the same mistake I did. I didn't allow myself 2 full days to visit the museum. I had reservations in Branson so I got in my Cheetah and took off. I plan to ride there someday and maybe spend 3 full days to make up for lost time.

We have a room for you Lola,anytime you come up for the museum. About 10-15 mins away

I may have put a wrench in my plans for a Jun/Jul trip. If I can get out of this snowi may try to make the Kerrville gathering and head to Ca from there. Looking at Four Corners to the Skywalk over Grand Canyon for what I might run into weather wise. Then I could do the northern route in reverse of what I have planned. Thinking that way I'd get home to enjoy the UP summer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png