Trailer Info Request

Jan 21, 2011
USA
I am going to be purchasing a trailer to take my TriGlide from Indiana to Florida next month. The open ones I am most interested in right now are the DropTail SCT2200 and the Aluma TK1. Please let me know if you have any input regarding which of these would be preferable. Thanks!

Why buy open trailer?Mine is a 7x12 enclosed with ramp and lectric and screen door.I can sleep in it and my trike is safe while on the road or using the trailer as a storage building when it is home.Pulling a trike on an open trailer will sure mark up a nice trike.To me even a cheap closed trailer beats a high quality open one.They do not depreciate if you keep em up.Just my 2 cents.

I am going to be purchasing a trailer to take my TriGlide from Indiana to Florida next month. The open ones I am most interested in right now are the DropTail SCT2200 and the Aluma TK1. Please let me know if you have any input regarding which of these would be preferable. Thanks!

If you do trailer on an open trailer do NOT cover your trike the cover will tear up the paint from vibration.

My vehicle I will be towing it with is only rated at 2000 lbs. maximum. The Tri Glide weighs 1157 lbs, the Aluma TK1 is 520 lbs. and the DropTail is 640 lbs. Both of these trailers would keep me under the maximum rating limit. Most enclosed trailers that would accomodate my trike weigh well over 1000 lbs. I also like the better rear visibility that I have while towing an open trailer.

Wow you are right on the limit. I have a Lowe's $999.95 trailer Solid wood floor 15" wheel fold down rear ramp ( u could remove it and have ramps and a tailgate too save weight) 600lb . I pull it with my Subaru with my DFT 1,200 lb trike on it and it is a job. I don't think I would want to pull it more than a few hundred miles .

I have the TK-1 and think it is one of the best open trailers. It has the rock guard in front and solid aluminum floor keeps bike cleaner than some of the open ones. I also have the rapid hitch on truck. With it I can lift or lower tongue for easy loading, or unloading.

Buddy

Buddy Moore...Thanks for the tips and info about the TK1. I am going to order one next week.
Oldman...yeah I could do that but then I would have to somehow pull my vehicle behind my trike since I need it there to cart around 4 other people....or maybe you have a suggestion how I can get 5 people on my trike? By the way...the correct grammar/spelling would be AN ELECTRIC SUIT...not a ele sute. The rest of your sentence is pretty messed up as well.

Buddy Moore...Thanks for the tips and info about the TK1. I am going to order one next week.
Oldman...yeah I could do that but then I would have to somehow pull my vehicle behind my trike since I need it there to cart around 4 other people....or maybe you have a suggestion how I can get 5 people on my trike? By the way...the correct grammar/spelling would be AN ELECTRIC SUIT...not a ele sute. The rest of your sentence is pretty messed up as well.

Hi, gohmer, I too have trouble with grammar/spelling, & sometimes my finger, I am a one finger typer, hits a wrong letter, & if this offends anyone, I am sorry. I think the comment about the ele.suit was to get us trikers behind the bars, in my case, a steering wheel ,more. But , ele.suit would not work for us ether. The trip from Ma. to FL. was too long . So we bought an enclosed alu.mission trailer .The weight would be too much for you to pull , good luck on your purchase ,& have a safe trip.
ride safe , & have fun , Captain H.

since i am not the brightest lightbulb on the christmas tree and my spelling is not all that good and my grammer is probably worse i guess i may need to find another site to get on but i will still ride my GW trike every day i get a chance and not haul it on a trailer

I had a open and sold it for a inclose one, after hitting the cable the holds the door...I went back to a open trailer and it's works for me....I just take something to clean it with..

Hay oldman..don't let someone make you move.....I'm not good on spelling and have a hard time on the computer, for my fingers out run my mind..so I mess up to we all do...just remember that God made you for the way you are and don't let something like this keep you from posting..just be you....and don't let this guy run over you:Trike1:, I don't think he mint it to come out like it sound...

I used to sell the Aluma trailers and like them a lot. They are very well made, light weight and pull great. They are also reasonably priced. + 1 on the recommendation for any Aluma product, particularly the TK-1!

On the subject of spelling and grammar, yes I know it bugs some people more than others...my wife is one of those that is bugged by poor spelling. If I didn't have Mozilla FireFox as my browser Id be sunk. It has spell check and keeps me in the passable range. I personally don't mind who spells what correctly or not, I just like that we can all post here and enjoy one another! Oldman, please don't even think of leaving! ThumbUp

I have to be the worlds worst speller...who ever invented "spell check" I owe that guy big time....
I have downloaded the Google tool bar which has a spell checker....and love it.
If you have trouble with spelling try the Google tool bar, it's free and works very well. I wish they would let me have it at work....

since i am not the brightest lightbulb on the christmas tree and my spelling is not all that good and my grammer is probably worse i guess i may need to find another site to get on but i will still ride my GW trike every day i get a chance and not haul it on a trailer

Oldman, this old lady thinks you type and spell just fine - I know exactly what you're saying, and I'm an old English teacher - don't let anyone bully you into believing you need to go anywhere else to discuss Forum stuff; most of the folks on here don't really care how something is spelled or a question is phrased. Usually somebody has an answer for a question, and if we have an answer, you'll get it soon.

Get on that Wing and ride as often as you can - we have an enclosed Wells Cargo trailer which has only been used one time - to take our two HDs to the GW dealer as trade-ins when we got the trike. Trike fits, just have never trailered it anywhere, and we went coast to coast on it last year - had a ball!!!

Oldman,
Keep on posting as you see fit. The thing I like most about this forum is that I had never read a post that involved a rider putting down another rider for any reason. There is no room for that behavior here. Hope to meet you and all the other riders at the rally in June.
Larry

I have Aluma trailer and love it, I've been trailering for about four and half years, and alway new I was pulling something, but now with the aluma trailer I never know there is anything back there..it pulls so good...I just pull to the rockie Gold this last year, great trailer...a little on the high side when it comes to price..but you get you money back in the long run.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png