Difference in touring between two wheels and three wheels?

Bill, from our experience, my wife and I can ride more miles in a day on three wheels as opposed to riding on two wheels. It is more relaxing and wears on your body less throughout the day.

Although I don't tour on a trike, I do work on them and would agree with Bill. I'll add a little more detail. I think we all know that once a co-rider gets on a 2-wheel Wing, the stress level greatly increases. Balancing at low speeds, and supporting the weight at stops all adds to that. But outside of that, I think this is the huge differance. When riding a 2-wheel, pavement conditions is part of the on going search. On a trike, there is far less of that, and the eyes can spend more time enjoying the scenery, instead of so much time searching the pavement for a safe path. It makes for a more enjoyable ride.

I need to add this. And I know that going to a trike is often a health choice, but if it is not, my most enjoyable trips have been with a GF that rides her own Wing too. It gives them a feeling of "empowerment" because they'll feel that they have more say in where they go. They have their own Wing to put all their **it in, and get to fill up yours also. Last is this. Because they are a rider too, they get the same "climate" as we do. Most don't know how nasty the weather on the back seat is compared to the weather on the front one.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png