Mods to improve C90 Jackal

Feb 18, 2019
Brooklyn,Mi. 49230
I've owned my 2007 C90 Jackal for 10 years now. 411 miles when I bought it, 35,000+ on it now. I've found that putting a taller skinnier tires on the rear helped handling substantially and corrected the speedo reading to be quite accurate. Custom made an exhaust that I stole off a Vulcan 2000, put a EJK controller on it and improved performance and fuel mileage. 40 mpg. Installed an 8 degree triple tree from Morton Custom's. Made a leather saddle for both me and the wife. The trike handles quite well and hangs with the Harley's very well. Enjoying triking.

Hi Swampfox! Welcome to TrikeTalk from Kerrville Texas!

Sounds like you’ve had an interesting project you made into a great ride.

Ride a lot and post often - we love to hear from everybody now and then.

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania sounds like you have a good handle on what your ride needed. When you figure out how post a picture or two of it. We like pictures or at least I do. travel safe Fred

Great too have you

I've owned my 2007 C90 Jackal for 10 years now. 411 miles when I bought it, 35,000+ on it now. I've found that putting a taller skinnier tires on the rear helped handling substantially and corrected the speedo reading to be quite accurate. Custom made an exhaust that I stole off a Vulcan 2000, put a EJK controller on it and improved performance and fuel mileage. 40 mpg. Installed an 8 degree triple tree from Morton Custom's. Made a leather saddle for both me and the wife. The trike handles quite well and hangs with the Harley's very well. Enjoying triking.

Great too have you on the best form on the net BIG DENNY

Am I the last Jackal out there?

Looking thru the Jackal posts, they seemed to have quit communicating in 2013. YIKES! I've yet to come across, in my travels, another C90 Jackal. The only issues I've had with mine is that, at about 3500 miles my engine swallowed a mouse. Yup! it broke it. Front cylinder toast. Insurance paid to have the engine replaced, so at that time, I incorporated a fuel tank from a John Deere riding mower that fit perfect under the rear seat. The motor we got was used and had 12,000 miles on it but the rear cylinder died about 4,000 miles later. I picked up another used motor out of Colorado with 4,500 miles on it and it's still running strong at 32,000 miles. Right after the first engine change, I had a rear wheel bearing lock up on I75 in the middle of nowhere in Florida. That was fun. The wife liked it too. HA! Speak about panic. She did. The bearing had two rollers missing in the cage. It was a wonder it lasted for the 4,200 previous miles. Like all good C90's, the stator crashed at 8,000 miles and I replaced it with a Rick's system, regulator and all. A bit disappointed in that it only lasted about 11,000 miles. I did notice that the Rick's would, at idle, put out 12.2 volts then run up to 14.8 volts at RPM's increase. This time around, I purchased an RM unit and regulator. The RM system had a larger Regulator. Twice the size as the stock and Rick's and the stator was more substantially wound. Specs on it were at idle 13.2 and at off idle RPM's 13.8. About the hand brake, I just eliminated it. No matter what I did to get it to hold properly, it was just week and in the way. Hey, it's a mechanical machine. Things can break. I can deal with that. It's my nature to modify and, what I think, improve the machine. My only real disappointment was in the trike body its-self. It had spider web cracks in the fiberglass everywhere. At 411 miles remember. Called Lehman and they pretty much said , sorry about your luck. It's not under warranty. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast on this trike. Now that I've made it my own with all the modifications and all. So the question remains, Am I the last Jackal out there? Would like to her from you and your adventures.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png