Clutch recall

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
As everybody already knows there was a recall on the hydraulic clutch recall, just wondering how many have did it and can you notice a difference in pulling the clutch in compared to before you had it done. I haven't did it yet but I do know the clutch on this 2018 is harder to pull in than what my 2002 harley road king and my 1997 harley FXSTC, not sold on hydraulic clutch's at the moment, I have carpal tunnel and if in town it starts to bother me, most of the time I don't do town driving, prefer the open highway. Always heard hydraulic clutch you can pull handle with 2 fingers, sure can't on mine, hope maybe after I get the recall done it is easier.

So post about your experience on this recall, was it easier after or the same????

All for now Trampas

There is no reason to wait. I have posted several threads on this in the FW forum.

If you have been waiting 10 months, you need a different dealer. Anyone can do the recall.

I had mine done late last year. I noticed a slight improvement in clutch pull.

The best way to reduce it is the AIM clutch actuator. It reduces clutch pull 40%. There are threads on it also if you search. I don't believe I've read a bad review on it.

Had the recall done on my 2018 last year. I couldn't tell any difference in clutch lever pull effort. The 2018 hydro clutch does seem a bit stouter than my previous pre-Rushmore bikes. I did have a 2017 CVO Limited for a year before I got my TG but don't recall noticing its clutch pull effort so I would say it was not a stout as my 2018. I tend to put the TG in neutral when at traffic lights. While I have no physical problem holding the clutch in I do find it gets tiresome rather quickly.

Like others said I think you'll have to go to the aftermarket to find anything that will lessen the effort required to pull the clutch lever.

Have you been holding out on us? That's the 1st I heard of them, but I don't get out much.

cbd7ae02-adb4-4731-b009-c3ffddf51df3.jpg

Their Hydro unit looks similar to AIM

They also make light pull kits for cable operated bikes

I believe they are a German Company

Reactions: MDO
Wow I'm surprised they have not got you in yet. I waited about 2 months for my 2018 Street Glide. Local dealer I bought the bike from, had me about # 120 in line. Boswells in Nashville had me at #4 and they picked up and delivered the bike at no charge.

I work with a guy that has a 2017 Electra Glide. He was fussin about the clutch pull on the hydraulic unit. He has 2 fingers, pinky and ring finger and a thumb. He bought, not sure of the brand, but an adjustable clutch lever. He has all kinds of warranty and didn't want to void anything. He's very happy with it now.

As others have said my clutch pull was the same before and after the recall on my 2018 Street Glide. Last week I traded it on a 2019 Tri Glide. Not a nickels worth of difference in it and the 2018.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png