Cargo Trailer

Oct 24, 2010
Little Rock AR USA
6' x 10' with ramp and side door. I think I can get a good deal on a used one, my question is: Do you think my VTX1800 with Roadsmith kit (EZ Steer) will fit OK? I would use it to haul the Trike and it would also be the permanent garage for it.

I can't measure the Trike as it is still being built and I don't trust the Roadsmith specs, I need "real life" info.

I would measure your trike carefuly,that sounds like it may be a little tight.
My 96se with a 06 lehman kit and a four and a half degree rake kit is a little over nine feet long.
Some of the people I know that haul their trikes in a trailer go wit a 7x12.
:Flag::Flag::Flag::Flag:

I have and use a 6X10 for my trike, but I have a MotorTrike conversion... roadsmith may be a little longer. I know, there isn't a whole lot extra room in there with mine either, but it fits ok.ThumbUp

My trike DFT fits on a 5X10 open trailer so I think 6X10 will work. Will be easier if u back in , getting off will be the only problem. o wait you have a side door. my DFT is 56" wide

Since it is enclosed, you may want to measure where the ramp folds up, you could be losing a few inches there on each side of trailer.

I have a 7x12 now but I had a 6x12 and the rear door opening was 64" and the DFT was 56" so that was only 4" on a side. That was way to close for me.

I have a 7x12 flatbed and a 7x14 enclosed v-nose --I run a 2010 Tri-Glide ultra and have lots of room on and in both trailers.

Don't go by the trailer dementions as a guide,,, measure the ramp door opening for actual clearance between the wires. Some of the doors are as much as a foot narrower than you think.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png