2008 GL1800 30k Seal Leaking in Transaxle

:GL1800: Hello from the Hills of Ky/Tenn.... I have a Transaxle Driveshaft Seal leak. I am wondering ifthis could be a sign of this dreaded CSC Driveshaft problem. I have not had a driveshaft failure, but, have always had some play somewhere in the drive line. New to this problem of driveshaft issues .... Or is the Seal Leaking a sign that I have other issues?..... Thanx fer ya time.....

Dan

Hi Dan,:wave4:

:welcome: to our Trike Talk Family.:wave4::gathering:

If you contact the CSC technical department directly, They may be able to help you out more effectively.

Dan.......Welcome to Trike-Talk.......:wave4:....And as previously posted, Try shouting out on the Honda and or the CSC Forum here on Trike-Talk....

Again.....Welcome....:clapping:....

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Dan!

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

When broaching this issue in other areas. you might consider giving out some more info. Miles on bike, miles on conversion, which CSC conversion, and some mantenance history. Those type of info will help to diagnose the issue more completely.

:clapping:Welcome to Trike Talk Dan!!! The models that had the driveshaft issue had a shaft with the stock front u joint and a rubber coupler on the rear.It also had a gearbox that effectively moved the input shaft to the right to allow the shaft to run straight.This style was only used a few years if I remember right.The replacement removed the box and the shaft had joints on both ends.

Been watching this thread. Help me understand "transaxle"?????

I have never known of any trike that has the transmission as part of the rear end?!?!

So, I am assuming the OP has the conversion that included the gear case that attempted to align the drive shaft with the output of the Wings transmission to straighten it up, which it still didn't quite get perfectly straight!

If this is correct, the OP could check out the drive shft conversion from https://www.mtn-motorsportstn.com/.

Have not heard of any failures using this drive shaft.

Been watching this thread. Help me understand "transaxle"?????

I have never known of any trike that has the transmission as part of the rear end?!?!

So, I am assuming the OP has the conversion that included the gear case that attempted to align the drive shaft with the output of the Wings transmission to straighten it up, which it still didn't quite get perfectly straight!

If this is correct, the OP could check out the drive shft conversion from https://www.mtn-motorsportstn.com/.

Have not heard of any failures using this drive shaft.

Is this my old buddy from Indiana? Lee here from Montana. (W7AX) Sorry about the hijack...

CSC Reply

Hi All,

Thanks for your helpful response on this Transaxle leak problem... After talking with (will) CSC he had the fix on the issue . The oil seal is not leaking, the leak is coming thru the yoke spline shaft. If I had looked more closely I would have seen that the oil was being thrown from the yoke and no oil on the housing seal area. The fix is simple! Will instructed me to use Blue ATV sealer and apply to the Shaft and the yoke spline. I let dry over night and test drove on 100 mile test run. I left the pan cover off till problem was solved. After test run, no oil leak and a very happy customer!

If anybody having any CSC issues, call Will at ext 30 from CSC 800 number.... He is a very nice guy and knows his stuff. CSC is lucky to have a man with his knowledge .

Thanks everybody for your responds!

Goldwing307

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png