Possible New Gathering with a Twist

TonkaDriver

450+ Posts
Feb 26, 2018
Bagdad, AZ, USA
I will admit that I am completely spoiled to live in a place with great riding all around. I am not selfish with it though. I have been kicking around an idea for a Hot Bike style gathering without the big parties at the end of every day. The thought is to have a destination at the end of every day of riding. The main benefit is, riders would not be on the same roads every day.

I am looking to gauge interest and get suggestions for dates. Weather is the best in late April, early May and early October.

1. Is there interest in a gathering in Arizona?

2. How do people feel about a tour style format?

3. Miles per day. A route I have designed for one leg is only about 160 miles and will probably take the whole day. My thought is 160 to 275 miles per day.

4. How many overnights from the starting point? (2 or 3)

5. Finish at the starting point? (Yes or No)

I would be willing to contact lodging establishments for each stop. I would also be willing to contact a storage business for anyone towing to the starting point. Any input would be welcome even from those that would be too far away to attend. Ideas are appreciated no matter where they come from.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

Sounds good to me. Start and finish at the same place would be good for those that trailer. It would be nice to have some accommodations at the start for those that travel.

Amen to the Time of Year ... no offense ... but y'all get H#LL like temps in Summer ... Late Fall or Early Spring might be nice ... Depending on when ... trailering might be a must for me ... at least until I get out of those pesky Rockies.

PreRide

Nice to see there is some interest. Over the next couple of weeks I will ride the whole route and start researching lodging options at both stops assuming two nights out. I was also thinking for anyone wishing to stay an extra day that a bonus ride to Oatman, AZ would be fun. I am leaning towards the second week of October but don't want to step on Kerrville. The last week of April is a possibility except for the possibility of weather and snowmelt not being complete in the high country. Thoughts?

Kurt

What ever you do, if the route includes AZ89, do so before or after the camping crowd is gone. Never again will I ride it in mid summer. Doing so is
crazy2.gif
IMHO

Nice to see there is some interest. Over the next couple of weeks I will ride the whole route and start researching lodging options at both stops assuming two nights out. I was also thinking for anyone wishing to stay an extra day that a bonus ride to Oatman, AZ would be fun. I am leaning towards the second week of October but don't want to step on Kerrville. The last week of April is a possibility except for the possibility of weather and snowmelt not being complete in the high country. Thoughts?

Kurt

Since we are thinking of moving the Kerrville meet to April, October should be a problem. Just have not firmed up the move of meet as yet. Guess I need to start another thread on that subject and get a response.

Kurt

Remember being snowed in ,early May in Flag. Not sure we could do early spring. Too far in cold weather & from Ohio we have to cross the Rockies. Trailering is not happening . You have to do the best for all, so dont let us influence at all. Same goes for Oct, lolol already snowing in Co.

Remember being snowed in ,early May in Flag. Not sure we could do early spring. Too far in cold weather & from Ohio we have to cross the Rockies. Trailering is not happening . You have to do the best for all, so dont let us influence at all. Same goes for Oct, lolol already snowing in Co.

Bill.... is it shorter to go the northern route rather than the southern route?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png