Another novice question from the U.K.

May 27, 2019
England
Hi all

After all the help you have already given me, I thought I’d ask for your help again.

The UK version of the freewheeler doesn’t tend to have a 7” headlight like the US version. I’ve got two smaller lights.

It seems like an empty space to me just having a decorative cover over the housing where your headlight is.

When opening the front decorative cover, there is no hole to put cables through.

Does anyone one know what I would need to fit a 7” light in the housing please?

Thanks

Andy

Hi all

After all the help you have already given me, I thought I’d ask for your help again.

The UK version of the freewheeler doesn’t tend to have a 7” headlight like the US version. I’ve got two smaller lights.

It seems like an empty space to me just having a decorative cover over the housing where your headlight is.

When opening the front decorative cover, there is no hole to put cables through.

Does anyone one know what I would need to fit a 7” light in the housing please?

Thanks

Andy

sorry andy i can find a us parts list but not a uk list. us list at ronnies hd web site

The difference between a lamp bucket without a hole and one with a hole is a twist drill bit. PN 67700184 is the bucket with socket connector.PN 68342-05A is lens, boot,medallion. 68050-93A retainging ring.67721-48, screw.68051-08 trim ring. The Trike manual will have the schematics and the parts manual will have, well the parts.

Those UK lights are not fog/ running/ passing lamps they are headlamps man. Cool as hell and priced to match. Left and Right mounting brackets are $220.00 bucks EACH.

Haha, we all want what we don’t have. I like my headlights, I just want the 7inch also. I’m greedy, and want night to look like day.

The difference between a lamp bucket without a hole and one with a hole is a twist drill bit. PN 67700184 is the bucket with socket connector.PN 68342-05A is lens, boot,medallion. 68050-93A retainging ring.67721-48, screw.68051-08 trim ring. The Trike manual will have the schematics and the parts manual will have, well the parts.

Thanks for all of that, it will be a great help.

i have the manuals coming soon, so I’ll have a good look.

A

A quick search of all your codes has found all I’d need. Not exactly a cheep move. Especially if I went for a decent headlight.

Maybe a necelle would fit fit in place of it?

Are you thinking of the frieght train ( Hiawatha) nacelle? Anything can be done but it won't be cheap. HD went with the chopper lamp instead on the Freewheeler. Since the FW is a Roadking the parts manual will show what you need.Id look for used parts.The cheapest way to go 7" is to look at lamp buckets on ebay or whatever classifieds are available.

Are you thinking of the frieght train ( Hiawatha) nacelle? Anything can be done but it won't be cheap. HD went with the chopper lamp instead on the Freewheeler. Since the FW is a Roadking the parts manual will show what you need.Id look for used parts.The cheapest way to go 7" is to look at lamp buckets on ebay or whatever classifieds are available.

I quite like the freight train necelle. Typically no necelle’s are for sale on HD in the U.K. Back order may be possible.

I need to to go talk with a dealer I think to see what options they have. Like you say eBay may be my best bet though.

Nope, the Freewheeler Nacelle and headlight are NOT the same as a Roadking, close but NO cigar

Reactions: MDO
Nope, the Freewheeler Nacelle and headlight are NOT the same as a Roadking, close but NO cigar

So is the only road king the only one that fits?

I think maybe just going for the drill a hole out in my current set up, for wires may be the easiest cheapest option.

So is the only road king the only one that fits?

I think maybe just going for the drill a hole out in my current set up, for wires may be the easiest cheapest option.

You could probably make a Roadking headlight work, the Nacelles for sure are different

They look similar tho the Freewheeler is a 1 piece compared to a Roadking

Road King Nacelle

HD19FLHR121.gif

Freewheeler Nacelle

HD19FLRT88.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
AR- drilling a hole ( add a grommet) would be the cheapest way. Adding the harness plus LED lamp. You'll look like a Boeing 747 coming in for a landing with 3 bright lamps up front. The riser cover has a plastic plug on each side if want to add a toggle switch. Just in case the cops hassle you.

Thanks Michael

Ha it would be bright, but I’d definitely not be missed by anyone.

we can have 3 lights maximum up front under uk law so I’d be ok.

Im convinced by this route now.

AR- drilling a hole ( add a grommet) would be the cheapest way. Adding the harness plus LED lamp. You'll look like a Boeing 747 coming in for a landing with 3 bright lamps up front. The riser cover has a plastic plug on each side if want to add a toggle switch. Just in case the cops hassle you.

So going with the keep what I have, and drill a wire hole option, does anyone have have a suggestion for a decent headlight?

I don’t fancy shelling out for a Harley Day Maker, but a good equivalent would be good.

Sunpie on ebay.I like JW speaker but expensive.Oh- don't have the manual with as I'm on travel.Are those headlamps 7" or 5" +.Dont know if you have electrical/ computer background ( I dont) but your gonna have to feed that harness through that little hole. Will have to disassemble 3 or 4 place connector. Ebay has tool sets for around 6 bucks. FYI:4rcustomswire.com has all the harley connectors and every color wire combination that HD uses. He's a good egg and schooled me on connectors. Male connectors have female sockets.Female connectors have male pins. What diabolical engineer came up with this? Whyyyyyyyy?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png