Another novice question from the U.K.

We have the same model as yours, I had HD give me a quote - was over GBP1000, so I passed on that.

I’m aware of two guys having done it DIY, both had problems with getting a light to fit the bucket

Jesus, that’s H-D at their finest. £1000 is ridiculous.

Did you or your mates, ever get it done?

Maybe the bowl on our decorative set up is bigger? Not sure why a headlight wouldn’t fit.

Someone might be be able to answer it. Does it need something inside the bucket to secure it.

We have the same model as yours, I had HD give me a quote - was over GBP1000, so I passed on that.

I’m aware of two guys having done it DIY, both had problems with getting a light to fit the bucket

Hi all

After all the help you have already given me, I thought I’d ask for your help again.

The UK version of the freewheeler doesn’t tend to have a 7” headlight like the US version. I’ve got two smaller lights.

It seems like an empty space to me just having a decorative cover over the housing where your headlight is.

When opening the front decorative cover, there is no hole to put cables through.

Does anyone one know what I would need to fit a 7” light in the housing please?

Thanks

Andy

Any way you could post a picture of the front of your FW?

Jesus, that’s H-D at their finest. £1000 is ridiculous.

Did you or your mates, ever get it done?

Maybe the bowl on our decorative set up is bigger? Not sure why a headlight wouldn’t fit.

Someone might be be able to answer it. Does it need something inside the bucket to secure it.

I haven’t had it done, aside from the outrageous price of the hardware, they quoted 5 hours Labour to fit it, just sounded like such a rip-off. The other two guys used non Harley-Davidson parts, my understanding is they didn’t have the correct hardware to fit the light.

Are those 2 lights LED or halogen?

I may be missing something, but it does not seem that big of a deal to drill a hole on the housing, install a grommet, run a power wire & ground up to the housing & fuse it as there's plenty of room. Remove the cover & install a 7" led light.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png