Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Roadsmith questions

5+ Posts
    User ID

Default Roadsmith questions

I recently had a Roadsmith conversion done on my 08 Goldwing a have a couple of questions for you Wing owners. I have the aux fuel tank and instead of needing to flip on the switch to pump the fuel over to the main it seems to either be gravity feeding or siphoning. Is this normal? Next up is I had ABS, now the ABS light stays on and I was told that the Roadsmith conversions lose ABS. Any one else having the same issues?

Thanks, Chuck

2. Roadsmith banner
    5+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by chuckg57 View Post
    I recently had a Roadsmith conversion done on my 08 Goldwing a have a couple of questions for you Wing owners. I have the aux fuel tank and instead of needing to flip on the switch to pump the fuel over to the main it seems to either be gravity feeding or siphoning. Is this normal? Next up is I had ABS, now the ABS light stays on and I was told that the Roadsmith conversions lose ABS. Any one else having the same issues?

Thanks, Chuck
    Can't help with the ABS light; I have a RS conversion and never had the light appear. With the aux tank, function is basically run the main tank down to where the low fuel light comes on. There is a toggle switch that allows pumping the contents of the aux tank to the main tank. If you pump the whole thing, it is about 4.5 gallons (roughly) and when pumping, there will be a red light adjacent to the switch that blinks. Once it stops blinking (I believe it goes solid red), use the toggle switch to stop the pump; I suppose it could burn up if you forgot. You will see appx. 3/4 tank on your gas gauge. Be patient as it is SLOW pumping.

5+ Posts
    User ID

I know about the switch, I just do not have to turn it on. The bike runs the aux tank dry and the fuel gauge stays full.

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by chuckg57 View Post
    I know about the switch, I just do not have to turn it on. The bike runs the aux tank dry and the fuel gauge stays full.

I would have that checked out. Just converted to RoadSmith in April and my aux tank works only by the switch not gravity fed.
    I've been around several RoadSmith trikes and never seen that happen.

User ID

Yes, that sounds very strange, I don't know how that the fuel could feed to the main tank without the pump being on. I do know that if you forget to turn the pump off and the main tank get full, bad thing will happen.

750+ Posts
    User ID

Default aux tank switch

sounds like you have the switch in the down (aux) position. mine is a older '93. take the right rear tire off, and look behind the fuel tank. there is where the fuel pump and small fuel filter is.at least thats where it is on mine.