Mt. Washington auto Rd.

Captain H.... I have climbed that mountain more than a dozen times from every differnt footpath. Even skied down the head wall at Tuckerman's Ravine, but have never ridden or drove up or down the mountain. Below is a link to the "ride to the sky" which has some pictures and information about motorcycling on the Mt. Washington Auto Road. If you make the trip please let us know what is was like, I for one would be interested in reading a trip report. Ride to the Sky | Mt. Washington Auto Road

Yes I have driven a 1975 Dodge Royal Monaco Up the mountain road and I had it fall ( well almost ) off the mountain . The brakes were almost useless even in L gear we could not slow it down. There are water trough on the side of the road to cool your brakes. There are small cut outs where you can pull over to let another car just barley pass. Would I do it again on a motorcycle maybe on a big car never. Some places there are only BIG rocks between you and the 400' or so foot drop offs . Honey spent most of the trip up and back under the dash of the car. I can't remember if u pull over for cars going up or pull over to let cars pass going down :GL1800:

Captain H.... I have climbed that mountain more than a dozen times from every differnt footpath. Even skied down the head wall at Tuckerman's Ravine, but have never ridden or drove up or down the mountain.

Hey Kayakk, did ya ever notice when ya hike it and get anywhere near the road all you can smell is brake pad ..... gotta be great for your vehicle

I do vinyl signs and have one that says;

This car climbed Mt Washington .....
..... Then had to have a BRAKE JOB !

We followed a Camper down from the top. when we stopped to cool our brakes. He stopped and Threw Ice cold spring water from the Horse troth on to the disk brakes . Steam shot out from under the truck . we made sure he stayed in front of us. My tires were purple when I got down . For people not familiar with MT WASHINGTON it is the highest peek in New England. temp is 35 deg cooler on top than at the bottom . ( could be 70 at the bottom and snowing on top ) highest recorded wind speed 231 MPH
Mount Washington (New Hampshire) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Captain H.... I have climbed that mountain more than a dozen times from every differnt footpath. Even skied down the head wall at Tuckerman's Ravine, but have never ridden or drove up or down the mountain. Below is a link to the "ride to the sky" which has some pictures and information about motorcycling on the Mt. Washington Auto Road. If you make the trip please let us know what is was like, I for one would be interested in reading a trip report. Ride to the Sky | Mt. Washington Auto Road
Thanks for the Auto Road thread, it shows a couple on a trike, & alot of motorcycles. My co-pilot says NO WAY, So if I get a chance to go , it will be solo . :AGGHH: lol . I would also like to video the ride, & I never video taped a ride yet. This should be interesting, my wife says me & videos do not mix .Well a few years ago I went on a bear hunt . All I had was a bow & three arrows & a video camera . A 300lb bear came in, I did not get the bear, but I recorded him, I thought & I was some happy untill I got back to camp & found out the tape was blank, not one picture . :Shrug::Shrug: I guess I must have been a little nerves , you think ?
John , you are right on , about the temperture. When I was 12 we took the trip & went up the cog rail way . I remember it was in the 70's at the bottem, & you needed a coat at the top.
Oh, if I get to do this , I will get a better video camera. :pepper: lol. & hopefull there will be no BEARS around. :laugh:

I just bought a KEY chain video camera for $35.00 . Takes 1/2hr HD video. on a built in 4 gig card. It actually looks darn good. It is the size and a matter of fact looks exactly like my remote control car starter. I am going to tape it to my helmet (when and if it ever warms up )
I am thru using expensive video cameras on my bike I go to Wal Mart or CVS and buy the cheap $30.00 to $49.00 cameras they take the 2 gig card come with an edit program Look great on U tube,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png