2016 TG heated grips

Cagmo

100+ Posts
Jun 21, 2016
Glen Carbon, IL, USA
I had the HD heated grips installed on my 2016 TG when I bought it Dec. 2015.They were intermittent the second to last time I rode the bike and were totally inop last weekend. It's not cold yet here in Ill-noise, but winter is coming. Anyway, I took the TG to Green Mount H-D in O'Fallon, IL. yesterday for a fix, figuring I'd have to buy new heated grips. Lo and Behold, the tech popped the end cap off and found the connector had somehow worked itself off. He put it back on with a little silicone sealant, snapped it back together and they work like a champ again. Best Part? "No charge for 5 minutes work. Thanks for stopping by. See ya next time, Cagmo".

Just figured you boys and girls out there on the web would like a little good news for a change. (Yes, I did tip the mechanic)

Dealers

That’s good to hear, I like to promote good dealers, sadly there some that are just the opposite, while traveling from CA I had an issue with my rear belt, stopped in Cheyenne and the dealer DIDN'T HAVE TIME, luckily the dealer at my destination in Peoria was MORE than accommodating and pulled me RIGHT IN, extremely helpful and got me back on the road back west. Showed my appreciation by spending a few $ at his shop!

Always by/pass Cheyenne anymore!

:cool:

Recently had a good expeerience with my local dealership. I put a S&S Easystart 557 cam in my '13. Not realizing in '13 they put automatic, electronic compression releases in. Started having all kinds of issues starting the bike because the cam and the electonic releases were fighting each other. While at Stugis this year I visited with S&S out at Rapid City HD about the issue. They suggested I have the dealer turn off the electonic releases. Good idea. I pulled around to the service area to get it done. WoW!!! $149.00 an hour and 9 hour wait. No never mind....

Got home whipped into the dealership... 5 minutes later, electronig releases turned off. No Charge !

8~\o

I was in Eureka Ark two yrs ago.

Came out of the Motel to see a oil spot under the primary .The nearest dealer was in the next town over, I do not recall the name. I went into the service explained I was from NH visiting, they immediately got the bike in to the shop. Turned out the derby cover was warped. Installed a new one, washed the bike for me.

I will have to dig out the receipt, but some real good people there.

I’m in Southern Illinois, only about an hour from O Fallon and I’m happy to hear your story o/p. I’ll remember that when I need some serious work done to my trike. I don’t mind paying to get a job done, when it’s an honest job, but I’m always in fear of getting jipped. I bought my trike from a local dealer but I’ve heard more than one bad story about their service department even from within my trusted inner circle ⭕

thanks to the internet, and places like this, it has made a small world even smaller 🤓

This past June's trip to SE Michigan, my Toe Shifter went near vertical after exiting for gas in Mt. Vernon, IL. A quick check on Nav showed me Roadhouse Harley 1.9 miles away. Limped in at 4:40pm, Service Manager says not sure we have a Shifter Shaft and only have one Tech here, all others gone for the day. Minutes later that Tech walked up, fiddled with the linkage and said, "yep! Shifter Shaft bad, got one and will install it in a jiffy". About 40 minutes later I'm back on road again and the repair cost was more than reasonable. Kudos to Roadhouse Harley in MT Vernon, IL!!

I was in Eureka Ark two yrs ago.

Came out of the Motel to see a oil spot under the primary .The nearest dealer was in the next town over, I do not recall the name. I went into the service explained I was from NH visiting, they immediately got the bike in to the shop. Turned out the derby cover was warped. Installed a new one, washed the bike for me.

I will have to dig out the receipt, but some real good people there.

That would be Pig Trail Harley-Davidson in Rogers, AR. Several years ago I had a voltage regulator take a crap on me on a road trip. Made it to Rogers and stopped at Pig Trail H-D fully expecting to spend the day. Lo and behold in less than two hours they had me back on the road. Best Harley service experience I've ever had.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
51fatfendertruck

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
51fatfendertruck
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png