Likes Likes:  4
Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: 2020 TrikeTalk - Vanderdall Owners Forum's Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon Event

TOI - South Dakota
    Deadwood Rally Coordinator
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default 2020 TrikeTalk - Vanderdall Owners Forum's Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon Event

For the 6th Annual Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally (July 12th - 17th), I'll again be hosting a Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon event for all TrikeTalk and Vanderhall Owner Forum members that have pre-registered for the rally. As before, I must limit the number of trikes/individuals that can participate, primarily for safety reasons, but also because I must made our luncheon reservations well in advance. Some of you may have already made your lodging reservations and are just waiting for the rally's website to include on-line registrations so that you can pre-register for the rally. In an earlier post I announced that the rally's host motel, Travelodge Inn & Suites, is offering a limited number of rooms for $115/night for pre-registrants. These rooms will go fast, so don't delay. Refer to this thread often, as I will be given you the details of this event, when and where we will meet and taking names for those who wish to participate, on a first come, first serve bases. To be cont'd...

pmar6004
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
    but rather by the number of things that take our breath away."
    2020 Vanderhall Carmel GT #014
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt

User ID

The lone Victory trike will be there again to enjoy a great ride and friends! Thanks Paul!

Gale & Lorrie

TOI - South Dakota
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Iowavicrider View Post
    The lone Victory trike will be there again to enjoy a great ride and friends! Thanks Paul!

Gale & Lorrie
    OK Gale... I'll add you and Lorrie to my list of riders. BE SURE TO GET BACK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE PRE-REGISTERED, as that is the only prerequisite to join my event. It will be great seeing you and Lorrie again!

pmar6004
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt

TOI - South Dakota
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

I decided to hold the TT - Vanderhall Owners Forums Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon (TT - VOFMGRL) event on July 14th, meeting at 8:30 AM, which is a Tuesday, during the D3WR. I felt that this would give late arrivals that arrive on Monday, time to participate for the event. So be sure to mark your calendars, as I hope to make this event interesting, exciting and enjoyable for all participants. In the coming weeks, I will give the details of each leg of the event, which will be 4, just like my last event. I will also post a list of participants. For safety reasons, I'm limiting the number of participants to 25 individuals. To date I have 9 that will be attending, so don't delay to inform me, as it's based on a first come/first serve bases. I hope to announce that the rally's on-line pre-registrations will be open in December or January. Teresa is working on updating the rally's website, the rally's schedule and getting out invitations. Feel free to PM me, should you have any questions and/or concerns. My email address is listed at the bottom of this post.

pmar6004
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt

User ID

Default Meet and greet.

Quote Originally Posted by pmar6004 View Post
    For the 6th Annual Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally (July 12th - 17th), I'll again be hosting a Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon event for all TrikeTalk and Vanderhall Owner Forum members that have pre-registered for the rally. As before, I must limit the number of trikes/individuals that can participate, primarily for safety reasons, but also because I must made our luncheon reservations well in advance. Some of you may have already made your lodging reservations and are just waiting for the rally's website to include on-line registrations so that you can pre-register for the rally. In an earlier post I announced that the rally's host motel, Travelodge Inn & Suites, is offering a limited number of rooms for $115/night for pre-registrants. These rooms will go fast, so don't delay. Refer to this thread often, as I will be given you the details of this event, when and where we will meet and taking names for those who wish to participate, on a first come, first serve bases. To be cont'd...

pmar6004
    Paul, If there is still room I would like to join again. Terry

TOI - South Dakota
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas Biker View Post
    Paul, If there is still room I would like to join again. Terry
    OK Terry, you're included in my list of participants. It will be great to see you again, Terry as well as the others that previously participated in my event. Take care my friend!

pmar6004
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt

TOI - South Dakota
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default Where to ride to, what to visit?

As I pondered over what to include in my TT - Vanderhall Owners Forums Meet & Greet/Ride/Luncheon Event (TT-VOFMRLE), during the 6th Annual D3WR, I was surprised to find just how many museums there are in the Black Hills area. Even where we will be meeting for the event, there's the Days of '76 Museum. In the coming weeks, I will look over a number of them and pick one that will be included in our ride that we can visit, in addition to the other stops that I have planned. As always, it is my intention to make this event exciting, enjoyable, maybe even a bit educational, but above all, keeping safety in mind at all times for all those that participate. Here's a link to a short video of just some of the museums that welcome our visit: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...EA79&FORM=VIRE

pmar6004
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt

TOI - South Dakota
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default 1st LEG OF THE TT-VANDERHALL OWNERS FORUMS MEET & GREET/RIDE/LUNCHEON EVENT

img235.jpg

Meeting for the event will take place in the far SE corner of the Deadwood Event Complex (DEC), next to the Days of '76 Museum, (same place we met last year), on July 14th. After a brief ride orientation at 8:45 AM, the event will depart promptly at 9:00 AM. There will be other group rides departing the DEC ahead of ours, but hopefully not from the area of the DEC where we'll be meeting. The above map reflects the route we will be taking to our destination, which is the High Plains Western Heritage Center, located at 825 Heritage Dr., Spearfish. Depending on the traffic, it should take us about 15 - 20 minutes to make the 12 mile distance, which completes the 1st Leg. There is a $10 admission fee per visitor to enter the Center, but I was able to negotiate us a 50% discount as our group rate.

Next week, I'll be covering the 2nd LEG of the event, so please stay tuned to this channel.

pmar6004
    HPWHC-Front-w-Title-1410x630.jpgthG0LLJIGM.jpgthRBGQ5DB4.jpg
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt

User ID

Paul,

Made our hotel reservations last fall and I completed our rally registration today. Lorrie and I are looking forward to seeing and riding with you again this year!

TOI - South Dakota
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default 2ND LEG

img236.jpg

After our 1 - 1.5 hour visit at the High Plains Western Heritage Center, we start the 2nd LEG of the event. After leaving the parking lot of the Center,, we take a left and enter Heritage Dr. again, traveling north till it meets up with Colorado Blvd. With clear traffic, we turn left on Colorado Blvd. and following it till we approach it's intersection with 27th St. With a green light, we continue to travel on Colorado Blvd. till we approach it's intersection with Spearfish Canyon Hwy. With the traffic light in our favor, we'll continue to follow Colorado Blvd a short distance further until we arrive at the Dairy Queen (DQ) on the left. We'll pull into the DQ's parking lot where we will have a regrouping with those who may have gotten separated, due to traffic. Here we'll pause for some refreshments, approximately 15 - 20 minutes, before starting on LEG 3, which I'll be covering next week. So please stay tuned to this channel...

DQ_Logo_En_Header.pngdq-treats-sundae-strawberry.png207027_10150147317921669_5740406_n.jpg

pmar6004
    marquardt6004@gmail.com
    Paul Marquardt