2019 harley trouble codes

leonard

70+ Posts
Oct 30, 2014
kearney mo.
Ok it has been a while since I posted this so will start a new thread. My trike has been throwing the b2285 code since I bought it last year Harley has checked it several times even brought in a teck from there corprate office. It also throws b2287 and several others. The security lite came on about a month ago along. with the abs and traction control lite and stayed on. once shut off they were h codes. Took it to the dealer they replaced the bcm, The b2287 came on before I was a block away the u codes haven't showed up yet. Harley corprate called said they have a fix for the b codes a reflash of the bcm. I will take it in today for the reflash I hope it will take care of all the dct's. Keven, will let you know if I get home code free. It seems that evertime it throws a code it is a communication problem. I'm supposed to ride it about 200 miles then give them a report but the weather up here has to be a little warmer.

Leonard

How long have you had your trike? I do not know if your state has a lemon law that applies buy if it does I would investigate. Sometimes there is a trike/car that comes off that just does not respond to being fixed. All companies have a lemon now and then.

the flash seemed to work I still have the 2287 every once in a while

To me that seems strange. The dealer replaces the BCM, clears the codes and still the 1 code comes back. That appears to be a historic code and I believe it is a communication code between the BCM and ECM. I would have the dealer hook it up to the digital tech again JMO

Reactions: MDO
codes

Thanks, did 400 miles today and both b2285 and b2287 kept reappearing. It is under warranty so will make an appointment with dealer.

just got a call from Harley warranty. They said they couldn't do anymore that the code was historic and not a problem. Told me not to check codes if the light did not stay on, like don't check the oil "dah" told them this was not acceptable got a lot of bs from her. They would not replace the bike which I don't want any way. basically they don't know why it keeps coming up is what she said but it does not make the bike run bad or the code is harmless. It shouldn't come on in my opinion. But good luck with yours I thought I was the only one throwing the 2287 code. The new bcm stopped the 2285 but I still throw the 2287. The cost of a lawyer and the miles I would have to pay back makes it not worth the legal battle. I recommeded to her to give me three more years of warranty she is supposed to get back to me next week, probably won't anyway.

just got a call from Harley warranty. They said they couldn't do anymore that the code was historic and not a problem. Told me not to check codes if the light did not stay on, like don't check the oil "dah" told them this was not acceptable got a lot of bs from her. They would not replace the bike which I don't want any way. basically they don't know why it keeps coming up is what she said but it does not make the bike run bad or the code is harmless. It shouldn't come on in my opinion. But good luck with yours I thought I was the only one throwing the 2287 code. The new bcm stopped the 2285 but I still throw the 2287. The cost of a lawyer and the miles I would have to pay back makes it not worth the legal battle. I recommeded to her to give me three more years of warranty she is supposed to get back to me next week, probably won't anyway.

That is pure baloney, you need to call customer service in Milwaukee 1 (800) 258-2464

No bike should be throwing codes. Its clear they know something or they would not have replaced the BCM. Trouble codes do not just appear, there is always a reason. The M8 bikes are more sensitive with the can bus system. I would shove it back at them and make them fix it correctly

I will see what they say next week, but from first call not expecting much. I cleared the code and went out today for a ride both city and country of 150 miles no codes.

2019 tri glide. My bike has thrown a 2285 code since day one. I purchased it in September of 2018. If I keep it on the battery tender it does not throw the code. If I don't put it on the battery tender for one-night the next day it throws a code. I have just attributed this to a very sensitive battery voltage sensor. The dealers are no help at all. I've learned not to worry about it as it doesn't cause a problem

I know what the manual says for this code but it doesn't seem related.

After two trips to the dealer, they traced it to my battery being bad. They replaced battery yesterday, we will see.

Harley management called me two weeks ago and had me take the bike to dealer, they had a software upgrade to remove all the historic codes. They plugged into the computer and milwakee did the software download to clear everthing. so far i haven' t thrown any codes knock on wood. I don't think the battery is the problem hope it helps though.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png