Looking for a 2020 Tri-Glide

ultrafxr

1250+ Posts
Aug 21, 2017
Lakeland, TN
I've always kept my vehicles for quite a while - cars and motorcycles. Most of the Harleys I've owned have had anywhere from low 50k to over 90k before I sold or traded. But I'm starting to rethink my thinking as a friend trades about every 18 to 24 months when his bike has about high 20s to low 30s on the clock. May be a better strategy to maximize the $$ since I do tend to pile up the miles fairly quickly.

So I'm starting to think seriously that at 29k on my 2018 TG I may want to trade. Anyone know of any great deals available now. Thinking that perhaps late fall/early winter may be a good time to make an advantageous purchase.

I've always kept my vehicles for quite a while - cars and motorcycles. Most of the Harleys I've owned have had anywhere from low 50k to over 90k before I sold or traded. But I'm starting to rethink my thinking as a friend trades about every 18 to 24 months when his bike has about high 20s to low 30s on the clock. May be a better strategy to maximize the $$ since I do tend to pile up the miles fairly quickly.

So I'm starting to think seriously that at 29k on my 2018 TG I may want to trade. Anyone know of any great deals available now. Thinking that perhaps late fall/early winter may be a good time to make an advantageous purchase.

My dealer never discounts any trike. But I will say your timing is almost perfect ... the absolute best would be December 26th ... :D

May as well.

Just be glad you can afford to do it and do what you want. I would think that Tuesday, the 31st of December would be even better. Not only is it the last day of the month, but the last day of the year!:) Dealer would love to close out the year with a trike sell. Of course that is assuming he is open that week at all.

I suspect what time of year is the best will depend on what part of the country you deal in.

When I purchased my first TG (2016) it was in SW Florida and just before the 2017's hit the dealer floor. Dealer had several in stock and May through November is their slow time. I got mine for a tad over $28,000. My buddies wife went back to same dealer the next day and got his for just over $26,000.

I suspect others are correct about dealers in the northern part of the U.S. dealing a little better in the colder months.

Just be glad you can afford to do it and do what you want. I would think that Tuesday, the 31st of December would be even better. Not only is it the last day of the month, but the last day of the year!:) Dealer would love to close out the year with a trike sell. Of course that is assuming he is open that week at all.

Yep, worked for me last year while in Wisconsin for the holidays. I was hunting for a 2013 Anniversary Sportster to replace one I reluctantly traded years earlier. Walked into the Harley dealer on Dec 31st and walked out with a sweet deal on the Sportster. Had it shipped to FL so I'm on 2 wheels for the winter.

Jerry, Just got a good deal on my 16 for a 20. 16 has 45k on it . Getting the custom paint (Tahitian Teal) around 15 with tax & my bike . They are replacing the stock bars, swapping all 3 wheels , & garage opener for me. Also no charge for the film paint protector installed. Should be in Feb warranty will not start till April. Nice B"day present for me. Your not that far away,cmon up,spend the nite & we will go over.

Jerry, Just got a good deal on my 16 for a 20. 16 has 45k on it . Getting the custom paint (Tahitian Teal) around 15 with tax & my bike . They are replacing the stock bars, swapping all 3 wheels , & garage opener for me. Also no charge for the film paint protector installed. Should be in Feb warranty will not start till April. Nice B"day present for me. Your not that far away,cmon up,spend the nite & we will go over.

Good for you Bill. Glad you got treated well. What dealer is this? I too have been looking at the Tahitian Teal and also the blue. Decisions decisions.

Congratulations on the new ride have a great holiday. :christmas-tree: travel safe Fred

Congrats Bill and Janiene, can't wait to see it in Kerrville. :clapping:

Thanks Robert, we are supposed to get it in Feb or Mar. It was ordered sometime before we bought it. We saw the color at another dealer. Our dealer said he had one on order, so we made the deal. Looking forward to April in Kerrville.

Jerry,

did you ever get the new bike?

Thanks Robert, we are supposed to get it in Feb or Mar. It was ordered sometime before we bought it. We saw the color at another dealer. Our dealer said he had one on order, so we made the deal. Looking forward to April in Kerrville.

Bill,

Love the 2020 teal, Best of the 2020's

Sorry if high jacking the thread but here is about a 2016 if anyone is looking.

A buddy just told me about a 2016 Harley Tri-Glide that has 21 actual miles on it. He looked at it the other day and the guy is down to 22,000 bucks. Guess the guy bought it and then had 2 strokes which is sad.

The guy said and showed him the paper work he paid a little north of 40 grand for it.

It was in the Sierra Vista area of Arizona and was on FaceBook. Still for sale i guess.

Sorry if high jacking the thread but here is about a 2016 if anyone is looking.

A buddy just told me about a 2016 Harley Tri-Glide that has 21 actual miles on it. He looked at it the other day and the guy is down to 22,000 bucks. Guess the guy bought it and then had 2 strokes which is sad.

The guy said and showed him the paper work he paid a little north of 40 grand for it.

It was in the Sierra Vista area of Arizona and was on FaceBook. Still for sale i guess.

Thanks for posting.

Might be a good deal for someone. Definitely would be pristine in appearance . . . but I might be a bit concerned about it having sat for that long. Sometimes things deteriorate due to time and not just miles - battery for sure and possible seals, gaskets, and varnish is fuel system. I'd want it checked over thoroughly. And $22k is a fair price for the seller but imo I don't think it is all that great a bargain for the purchaser.

Thanks for posting.

Might be a good deal for someone. Definitely would be pristine in appearance . . . but I might be a bit concerned about it having sat for that long. Sometimes things deteriorate due to time and not just miles - battery for sure and possible seals, gaskets, and varnish is fuel system. I'd want it checked over thoroughly. And $22k is a fair price for the seller but imo I don't think it is all that great a bargain for the purchaser.

My buddy said the same thing. He said it has been started and ran every month and has a battery tender on it. He took it out for a ride and said it ran perfectly. But it is still a 4--5 year old unit and i agree about the seals.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png