Freewheeler Slip On Recommendations?

Oct 20, 2019
Smithfield, VA, USA
Hey All,

I'm shopping for slip-ons for my '19 Freewheeler. I want FW specific, not pipes that stick out from behind the trunk. I'm looking for a bit more rumble but not obnoxiously loud. I'll be adding one of the SE air cleaners and the SEPST tuner at 1k service time. I had the Heavy Breather on my Low Rider but it definitely won't be that for the FW, it tended to get in the way of my right leg.

I've never really heard anything good about SE Street Cannons and in my browsing around I've come across these:

Vance and Hines Twin Slash Rounds p/n 16796

Cobra RPT p/n 6300

S&S Grand National p/n 550-0693

Does anybody have experience with them and / or recommendations? Thanks!

I must be in the minority because I have the Street Canons on my Tri and really like the sound, not too loud but plenty of bark when twisting the throttle.

It's been a few months since I've seen new posts but over on hdforums.com there were multiple posts about welds coming loose internally making the pipes rattle. In all cases that I recall they were replaced under warranty. Maybe HD has that fixed now.

Thanks!

I must be in the minority because I have the Street Canons on my Tri and really like the sound, not too loud but plenty of bark when twisting the throttle.

Same here, I have them on my Freewheeler.

The end caps make them stick out, but I don’t see it, so can live with it

street cannons

Hey All,

I'm shopping for slip-ons for my '19 Freewheeler. I want FW specific, not pipes that stick out from behind the trunk. I'm looking for a bit more rumble but not obnoxiously loud. I'll be adding one of the SE air cleaners and the SEPST tuner at 1k service time. I had the Heavy Breather on my Low Rider but it definitely won't be that for the FW, it tended to get in the way of my right leg.

I've never really heard anything good about SE Street Cannons and in my browsing around I've come across these:

Vance and Hines Twin Slash Rounds p/n 16796

Cobra RPT p/n 6300

S&S Grand National p/n 550-0693

Does anybody have experience with them and / or recommendations? Thanks!

My dad had the screaming eagle cannons on his freewheeler, sounded great, had 65,000 miles on them with no problems. Didn't use the end caps, just painted the ends black

FW Exhaust

I also put on the Harley Street Canons. They have a low growl and they are not obnoxious at 80 MPH so I can hear my stereo. And didn’t lose my warranty. :D

Take a look at Fullsac Performance. They have baffles for recoring stock mufflers. I do believe they still offer installation as well. That would still cost less than a lot of mufflers out there.

Go look at "What did you do to you Freewheeler Exhaust" thread in this forum....

Post #7 has a comparison of 20 different slip on mufflers....

Hey Free Bird, thanks for that! I ended up getting V&H Twin Slashes from Dennis Kirk. They're still in the box in the garage, we've got a spell of good weather here in VA and I don't want to take the time now to install 'em since I'll be riding. I'll be pulling off the trunk and while it's off plan on cleaning things up under there. Amongst other things I'm an ex A&P (aircraft mechanic). I'm pretty anal and tend to turn 2 hour jobs into 2 days.

I definitely wanted something specific to the FW so the exhaust wouldn't be sticking too far out behind the trunk. I was torn between the Twin Slashes and Cobra RPT's. I've always had good luck with V&H and once the warranty is expired (the pipes won't invalidate it) may get an FP3 tuner so I'm thinking I'd have good luck with those pipes and the FP3.

Hope y'all have a great Christmas!

-jeff

Amongst other things I'm an ex A&P (aircraft mechanic). Hope y'all have a great Christmas!

-jeff

HA! That's funny.... I am an A&P Mechanic too.... and my name is Jeff! :laugh: It's going to be 70 here to tomorow so I will likely ride for a bit too. But it snowed here last week and I am a bit leary of road salt with my paint job... so we shall see.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

HA! That's funny.... I am an A&P Mechanic too.... and my name is Jeff! :laugh: It's going to be 70 here to tomorow so I will likely ride for a bit too. But it snowed here last week and I am a bit leary of road salt with my paint job... so we shall see.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

I'll be damn, brothers from another mother! :laugh: B'sides that I can't get enough of the guitar solo in Free Bird. A&P 1762645 here.

I just got back, mid 50's here now, gonna be in the 60's by the weekend. First time ever I rode on Christmas eve. Before moving here we were in NE Ohio and the season there usually ended early December at the latest when the salt hit the roads. And before this year we were traveling to my better half's family for the holidays, Baltimore or Atlanta.

Anyway, you and yours have the best Christmas ever and a great New Year!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png