??? for owners of 2020

Try contacting Kevin at DK Customs, he put his old shocks on his new tri, not sure if he put the lift kit in as well.

Pretty sure he did use the lift and his old 14" shocks. My old feeble brain seems to remember he had to grind a weld on something to be able to use the lift. Apparently some of the newer ones have an oversized weld that "gets" in the way ... :Shrug:

I'm sure Kevin will chime in soon.

2019's have the same suspension as the 2020 models. I have not seen the need for a lift kit as my 2019 handles great. You may gain something, but I think the 2019 and 2020 models are 1 inch higher than previous models. Additionally both have newer braking systems with ABS and traction control; however, the 2020 models have a more complex system called Reflex™ Defensive Rider Systems (RDRS).

2019: https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/...ogy-elevates-the-motorcycling-experience.html

2020: https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/content/reflex-defensive-rider-systems.html

With the suspension changes HD has done, do you feel the need for the lift kit ?? TIA

If you leave the stock shocks on, there is no need to get a lift kit to lift it up. This is because the springs are so stiff that there is little to no sag in them. The frame is the same, the swingarm is the same and the shock length is the same as pre '19's, but since the shocks are so stiff, there is not the proper amount of sag.

Where a Convertible Comfort Lift™ will help on your 2020 is that it sets the shock at a better angle, so the shock will work a little more and give an improved ride quality.

If the ride quality of the stock shocks, with or without the Convertible Comfort Lift™, is good enough for you, then you're golden. If it is too stiff/bumpy, then going with a quality pair of shocks that have the proper sag will give a significantly improved ride quality. Having little, or no sag, means the shocks will top out easily, reducing ride quality.

Below are a couple of videos that you may find useful-

Try contacting Kevin at DK Customs, he put his old shocks on his new tri, not sure if he put the lift kit in as well.

Yes, I used the 14" Convertible Comfort Lift™ and the 14" Trike Series Shocks™, made a significant improvement, as can be seen in the above video.

Pretty sure he did use the lift and his old 14" shocks. My old feeble brain seems to remember he had to grind a weld on something to be able to use the lift. Apparently some of the newer ones have an oversized weld that "gets" in the way ... :Shrug:

I'm sure Kevin will chime in soon.

Yes, I did use the lift and shocks, but I did not have to grind anything. They all have obnoxious welds on the exhaust, some more than others, but mine was ok clearance wise with the Convertible Comfort Lift™.

Kevin

Thanks for the video's Kevin. I already have the comfort lift & 13" ProAction on my 16. Had a hard time getting them on 4 yrs ago. Not sure I could remove them for the 20. Turned 75 Fri. & can't hardly get off the floor after laying there for prolonged time. Just have to go for new I guess,then find a younger guy to install them. Anyway thanks again. See ya in Kerrville if new ride gets here in time.

Thanks for the video's Kevin. I already have the comfort lift & 13" ProAction on my 16. Had a hard time getting them on 4 yrs ago. Not sure I could remove them for the 20. Turned 75 Fri. & can't hardly get off the floor after laying there for prolonged time. Just have to go for new I guess,then find a younger guy to install them. Anyway thanks again. See ya in Kerrville if new ride gets here in time.

Hope you had a great 75th!

I hear ya on getting down and up off the floor...and I'm only 61. :xzqxz:

Hope to see you in Kerrville!

Kevin

Turned 75 Fri. & can't hardly get off the floor after laying there for prolonged time. Just have to go for new I guess,then find a younger guy to install them. Anyway thanks again. See ya in Kerrville if new ride gets here in time.

Dang ... I'm only 66 ... and have the same problem ... the "bionic" knees helped some ... but ... gravity is a B$$ch ... :blush: ... Kind of looks like a Turtle that's been overturned ... LOL.

Thanks Fred.... How soon can you do it??? lolololol
if you need help it's not to far to drive to help a friend w oh r on his trike. After adjusting old Shiney last winter easiest to remove the body. 8 bolts 6 in the trunk and two on small tabs on each side. And I think 3 plugs on wires. Easy to do no long misery lying on floor. Let me know. Fred/JeanneP.S. George's shop only an hour away.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png